FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre 35 when our line can't support it

Durks7
Conversation Starter
Message 113 of 113

We were offered the free upgrade to Fibre 35 a few weeks ago. Sounded great until the day of the switch when the Openreach engineer called to tell me the switch had happened but that we cannot receive fibre at out property. Apparently there is fibre to the cabinet but the line from the cabinet to our house just will not support it. I asked him to switch us back to ADSL but he told me that was not possible without Talk Talk instructing that.

Fast forward a few weeks we are getting sub 4Mbps speeds and the connection is virtually unusable. I've called technical support repeatedly (over 6 hours on the phone) and apparently we can't be "downgraded" back to ADSL. 

Yesterday I spoke to the "Better Value Team" who apparently manage this sort of thing and raised a formal complaint with them. No contact from anyone and this morning our Broadband has stopped working altogether. With two of us working from home to say I am frustrated is an understatement.

I'd appreciate some sort of assitance with what, in my mind, should be a simple fix to an issue that shouldn't have happened in the first place!

112 REPLIES 112

Message 21 of 113

Hi Debbie

This really is very disappointing service. As you know I specifically asked if this sort of issue would occur before going ahead and was told it was just a simple back end systems change with no disruption to our service.

Do you have any idea when this will happen today? And I'd also like to know when the fibre upgrade will happen too.

I know it's not you fault personally but this is really frustrating!

Kind regards

Philip

0 Likes

Message 22 of 113

Hi Philip

Our Order Management Team have advised me that the MPF service will be activated today so you will have BB connection again until the new Fibre order completes.

I'm really sorry that you had no service yesterday, I will feed this back to the team and ask them to contact you to discuss this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 113

Still no connection - can you let me know what's happening please?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 113

Ok thanks perhaps one of your colleagues could call me? I was told there would be no disruption to our service when the change over happened!

0 Likes

Message 25 of 113

Hi Philip

I've reported this back to the team and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 113

Yes it is

0 Likes

Message 27 of 113

Hi Philip

Thank you. Is the router now switched back on?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 113

I've done that and I have a flashing orange light on the router and no connection.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 113

Sure no problem I've switched in off and leave it off for 30 minutes.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 113

Hi Philip

Could you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then try and connect again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 113

My account says we are now on Fast Boardband and we still have no Broadband connection.

Any news please?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 113

Thanks - we have zero broadband and are working off our phone data!

0 Likes

Message 33 of 113

Hi Philip

I've just contacted the team now and I will post back as soon as they provide additional information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 113

Hi Debbie

Our Broadband has stopped working so I expect that they are working on this. 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 113

Hi Philip

No the date for the cease to complete is showing for today. The new order will be placed ASAP.

I will check on this tomorrow so I can confirm the new Go Live date for the fibre order.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 36 of 113

Hi Debbie

Thanks for that - the reason I was checking is that your colleague spoke to me last week and said the swap would happen last Thursday. Would you please be able to check with them when this is going to happen? 

I am sure you are as keen as me to get the sorted!

0 Likes

Message 37 of 113

Hi Philip

Our Order Management Team are still progressing the work needed. I can see that the cease is due to complete shortly and then the order new fibre order will be placed.

The team should make contact with you to keep you updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 113

Great thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 113

Hello,

I will ask my colleague for an update on this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 40 of 113

Hi Debbie 

Any news on whether this has been completed please?

0 Likes