cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

What’s the difference between fiber and cable internet?

uchimaru8
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

We have had Comcast internet at my moms since the late 2000s and thus far it has been the best option for internet at this house. Recently there has been a bunch of construction on the lines around the area and a few days later all the homes in the subdivision had an AT&T fiber flyer in the door. I am also in the process of getting my own apartment for school next year and I have the option of either Comcast or a smaller fiber provider called Metonet. Both of the fiber providers seem like they are cheaper and don’t have as many nickle and dime fees. Everything I read about fiber is about how it is better than cable internet but I’m not exactly sure how. Plus I’m not sure if I should trust a smaller, less know ISP to deliver the fast reliable internet i need as someone who will be working from home, going to school, gaming, and streaming. What is the major difference between cable and fiber internet? Has anyone switched from cable to fiber and what difference did you notice?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

You will need to ask your own ISP in the US. We are a UK based service 🙂

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.