FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working DynDNS (DDNS / Dynamic DNS) free service for TT Wifi Hub (Sagemcom)?

psdie
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Grr - I'm back to trying to find a working Dynamic DNS option on the Wifi Hub.  I hope someone can suggest a working free option.

Originally I believe I used the built in ZoneEdit support (from the DynDNS page) but this stopped working because ZE dropped support for username/pass in favour of a token.  I then switched to updated ZE via DNS-o-matic, which was supported by Wifi Hub, but that stopped working in Jan.

I then switched to a Windows client ZoneEdit DynDnsClient, which is very fiddly because you have to compile yourself (.NET C#), but worked until recently, then started failing without warning in August ("The remote name could not be resolved: 'dynamic.zoneedit.com'" and similar errors).

Is there really not a working free DynDNS service option on this router?  🙄

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 4

Dns-o-matic hasn't worked for ages. With the Sagemcom, your best bet is the free version of No-IP, OK you have to keep the domain active every 30 days, but it does work well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

psdie
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hi Keith - it's the Sagemcom. There's free options listed on the DynDNS page, but per my post both ZoneEdit and DNS-o-matic no longer work.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Which Wi-Fi Hub are you using, the Sagemcom or the Huawei, both of which do support at least one free DDNS service that works.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes