cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Yale Smart Alarm unable to connect after years of no issues

KILOCHARLIE
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi, randomly last night my Yale smart alarm started beeping constantly and it is showing unable to connect to the Yale servers. I have had this system for almost a decade and it only ever had this problem when I switched to fibre and installed an Eero router that came with it, around 3 years ago. 

At that time there was a known issue with the two products and from advice on this board I had to disable advanced security and add blocking in the Eero secure section plus enable port forwarding for ports 80-81 and use a custom DNS of 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.8.4 (secondary). After doing that’s it’s worked fine until last night. 

Nothing has been changed at all yet it has stopped working. I’ve rebooted everything and searched the forums yet I am unable to find a fix. Forum recommendations I tried were enabling legacy mode and opening ports 5222 and 8765. I still get no connection to the Yale server and the only way I can stop the Yale beeping to tell me of a fault is to pause the Yale hub in the eero app. Obviously this doesn’t allow it to connect to the Yale servers but somehow it tells my Yale box there’s no fault. 

Grateful for any advice please as I’m unsure why this has stopped working and why these two products cannot work fine with each other. I had no issues like this on my previous TalkTalk router. 

Many thanks. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hello,

Thank you. The information in your Community Profile is only available to TalkTalk Staff. Could you try the eero update please to see if there is any change?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KILOCHARLIE
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks I have updated the info as requested, please can you confirm this is only visible to talk talk staff and I’m not publicly listing my name, account number and phone number?

my eero is currently on 7.6.1. There is an update available to 7.6.2 but I will have to wait until this evening to update if required as the internet is required throughout the day for other applications. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm currently looking into this with our Devices Manager now. Does your eero have the latest software update?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes