cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

slow fibre speeds and regular disconnects

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 58 of 58

hi guys. this past week or so my fibre is constantly disconnecting. when it does i reboot router and all seems ok  for a few hours then it starts to drop again. fibre speeds are pretty low. streaming films and shows is useless as i dont have enough dl speed to watch them. browsing internet is so slow any ideas?

0 Likes
57 REPLIES 57

Message 41 of 58

Morning,

Can I just confirm, did you also try a 30 minute router power down since the fault has been resolved as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 42 of 58

hi debbie. just done a speed check on a wired connection. dl 37.4. ul 0.8. no other devices connected to the internet. repeated the test a few times and these speeds or the best i was getting.  new router firmware is up to date and reported as working as it should so the router is not the problem. all cables are fully secure in the ports also. as i mentioned in an earlier post this is just above fibre 35 speed what's going on?

0 Likes

Message 43 of 58

Hi guitarman3

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved, after completing some external work on the line.

The line is in sync at just under 50mb. What speed are you receiving when running a speed test?

0 Likes

Message 44 of 58

just done another connection test as advised by your latest email. getting the message we suspect an issue with your broadband. test terminated and said we've run into a problem please try later. to be honest the new router has made no difference at all. speed still not great either. beginning to wonder if openreach have even been bothered to have a look. i'm on fibre65 and getting nowhere near average speeds. i know how fttc works and i can even see  the street  fibre cab from my window. getting a bit tired of this.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 58

Hi guitarman3

I can see that the fault was assigned to a line engineer this morning.

We should hopefully have further updates later today.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 46 of 58

Hi guitarman3

Thanks for your reply.

Ok no problem. I have passed this fault straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 47 of 58

morning michelle.  i have an openreach mk2 socket so it has 2 ports. one for the landline phone and the other for broadband. i havn't used the phone port for years as i only have a mobile. i don't have a phone on hand to test that port.

0 Likes

Message 48 of 58

Morning,

Thanks for the update. The line test is now detecting a potential line fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 58

Plug in the new router and don't switch it off at all till staff respond next week, @guitarman3.

They won't be on here over the weekend. 

If the problem is only just fixed, it can take several days for DLM to settle back to the optimum speed for the line.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 50 of 58

hi again. although the fault is reported to be fixed my speeds are really not that great. i used to get close or even above 50mdl on a regular basis. at the minute i'm struggling to get above 40. this speed is closer to fibre 35 than fibre 65 which i'm on. are you sure tt hasn't downgraded my package to fibre35 without my knowledge?. my new router has just arrived so i'll see what that does but at the moment i'm  dissapointed. i hope something can be done to bring my speeds up to acceptable levels.

0 Likes

Message 51 of 58

Hi guitarman3

Thanks for your reply.

You just connect up the new router and use the new wireless password from the back of the new router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 52 of 58

thanks debbie. will the router be just plug and play or do i need to set it up? thanks

Message 53 of 58

Hi guitarman3

Thanks for your reply.

I've ordered you a new router, please allow 24-48rs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 54 of 58

hi chris it's the hg633 by huawei

Message 55 of 58

Hi guitarman3,

Which router do you currently have?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 56 of 58

thanks  michelle. 

just wondered if maybe talktalk have a more updated router than the one i have. had mine for years from tt and maybe i could get a better speed with a more current router. would tt supply a new router free of charge? just a thought.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 57 of 58

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that the line tests have detected a potential external line fault and this has been raised to Openreach for further investigation. We'll re-check for an update on the fault in 24hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes