cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

2 Mbps download speed on Full Fibre 500 (CityFibre)

Chris211
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

For the last couple of days my download speeds have been very low (1-3 Mbps) but the upload speeds have been normal (450+ Mbps). I have tried restarting the ONT and the router and have also tried using both 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi and I get slow speeds on both.

The router is WiFi Hub Sagemcom FAST 5364 and the firmware version is SG4K100136.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming.

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris211
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

The fibre service is back online now and the speeds are also back to normal.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

OK, thanks for the update. I'll check in with you tomorrow to confirm that everything is OK

Chris

0 Likes

Chris211
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

I called and the full fibre technical support team said that there is currently network maintenance in my local area and it should be finished by 6pm today.

0 Likes

Chris211
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

There is 4 green static lights on the ONT. Power, broadband, service and ethernet are all green.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

OK thanks, which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Chris211
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Still no internet connection after powering down the ONT for 30 minutes. I also tried factory resetting the router and that also did not help.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Chris,

OK, please let us know if there's any improvement following the 30 minute power down

Chris

0 Likes

Chris211
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

I now have no internet connection. I will try powering down the ONT for 30 minutes. I don't currently have any wired device I could plugin directly into the ONT to test it.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. What speeds are you seeing if you run a wired speed test directly at the ONT? Did you also try powering down the ONT and the router for a full 30 minutes and then retested this again?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

What happens if you connect a wired device via an Ethernet cable directly to the ONT, in place of the router and do a speed test from there?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes