cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Account Registration

help332
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I go through the process until it get to the last part were is saves the settings and then I get a technical error try again or return to Home Screen.  I have tried this numerous times on different devices but same problem. Also at the start of the account creation it gives you two options mobile phone or email address.  The email address is wrong. Looks like it is bringing my old email address in when I had your service before. On this new broadband signup it is not using my new email but defaulting to an old one. This is probably what is causing the technical error when it trying to update an old record.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi help332

My Account links to the address and the line ID, which is why old accounts will still show, ill pass your feedback on. 

Glad this got resolved.

Regards

0 Likes

help332
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

I got into my account now. It was trying to update an old account record when I had your service before. It even showed my old landline number. You would of thought the old record would of been deleted when I left last time. When you sign up again in the future the new signup details should be taken as a new customer so it is not trying to update old account details. If I had still had my old email address it probably would of worked..   

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi help332

The account is showing as registered with a hotmail address, is this the correct address?  if yes, have you tried following the forgotten password link to reset it. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Updated account number in the private notes section

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes