cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Keep Fiber. Ditch Landline. Is it now possible?

JohnNotMyRealName
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have been a user of TalkTalk`s internet service for a good few years now.
The connection was provided by the "good old" copper cable and of course it was tied to a landline phone number.
A few months ago, a TalkTalk engineer installed a fibre optic connection for me.
Everything works great. I am very pleased.
Yesterday I received an email with a contract renewal offer and I started wondering.
Is it possible to get rid of the landline in my situation?
I don't need it. I haven't used a landline phone for 25 years.
Previously it was not possible because the connection was done "by copper" and required a phone.
But now it should be possible, right?
So my question is:
Is it possible to ditch the landline/phone number, keeping the internet connection and if so, how should I do it?
Below is a screenshot of my services in the dashboard for illustration purposes.

dashboarddashboard

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

JohnNotMyRealName
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

I understand.
I`ll try calling them.
Thank you @Gliwmaeden2  and @Arne-TalkTalk for your help 😉

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi JohnNotMyRealName.

Its sounds like you are on full fibre with a copper leave behind service to retain the number, call the loyalty team on 03451720088 they will be able to help.

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Contact the LOYALTY team on 03451 720088 (from 9am -7pm weekdays, till 6pm Saturday), @JohnNotMyRealName.

Your Fast Broadband contract expires in less than a month, and your Data Only Fibre is all up and running, so just renew it as a data only service and be sure to mention that the landline service/Fast Broadband is to be cancelled. 

They may have varying contract lengths for Fibre Only. Removing the landline element will not in itself make the monthly fee cheaper. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.