cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Address wrong with OpenReach

OvineAviation
First Timer
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Trying to research alternate ISPs. For most providers my address isn't listed with my postcode with the exception of BT who has the correct address listed at the beginning of the process but by checkout has it wrong again. Curiously the error is duplicated with OpenReach. If I use the OpenReach site to check for fibre availability my correct address is listed with my postcode but if I ask OR to keep me informed I receive an email with the wrong address. Exactly the same wrong address as the BT site so they must be related.

Any idea how to contact OpenReach to get them to correct the address? Thanks.

Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

We have put the ORDI through again and it has again been returned as matched.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I understand. However, the fact that the one address (not mine) that's stored differently with OpenReach (1 address out of many formatted differently when you see it in the possible addresses list) is the one address that does show up correctly with other ISP sites. All the other addresses listed on OpenReach (with the strange comma after the flat number) are the ones that are incorrect everywhere else.

An example of my address format would be:

3 Apartment Complex, Road Name, Town, Postcode.

OpenReach has this as:

3, Apartment Complex, Road Name, Town, Postcode.

On other ISP sites the address changes to

3 Road Name, Town, Postcode. The crucial Apartment Complex is somehow lost. 

Weirdly, the one address, as mentioned, that does get picked up by ISP correctly is formatted as:

Apartment Complex, 2, Road Name, Town, Postcode.

Thanks for your continued help here. It's very frustrating not to be able to simply talk this through with someone so I appreciate the time you are taking. Jason.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

I will pass it to the provisioning team to look into, but if the Openreach entry is correct with us and them, we cant control what other providers websites show. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi. So Ive added much more lengthy but hopefully very clear info to the private notes section. There is one line of my address that gets changed/dropped outside of OpenReach and hopefully my notes explain it clearly but please let me know if not. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

What address do you see?  can you add it to the private notes section of your profile.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi. Thanks for the response. However, it isn't correct. Please let OpenReach know the following... OpenReach has my address listed when I put my postcode into their front page to check for Broadband availability. No problem there. If I then request updates for my address re broadband availability I receive an email with my address listed incorrectly . As a result absolutely every ISP I try to get broadband with doesn't have my address listed using my postcode so I can't proceed with any quotes. ISPs use the address database from OpenReach yes? Then why is my address wrong with all of them? And also wrong if OpenReach themselves email me any info?

There is 100% a problem with the OpenReach database. It seems not just a case of a wrong address but something a little more complicated. As mentioned there are conflicting addresses from their front page to the back end.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Twoflower

The ORDI has been rejected as the address and post code match in Openreach's database.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Great. Thanks for the help. I'll watch this space.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi @Twoflower

I have requested the ORDI , can take upto 10 days to complete.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

Yes, best to stick to one sign in name all the time, though it sometimes happens that we end up with two.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification!

Have flagged this for staff attention, so just wait for them to pick up the thread during the day.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Apologies for the confusion. Yes, I'm the original poster. Im not sure how its on a different account but this is the one I will use going forward and hopefully the one Ive added my address to? Thanks.

Message 12 of 15

@Twoflower, this is very confusing!

Are you the same person as the original poster? If so, I can escalate the thread. 

Otherwise, please start your own topic by returning to the message board and clicking on Start a Topic.

It's very important not to confuse accounts in the thread so please clarify the situation for people trying to follow this.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Dear Arne, 

Apologies, I had no idea a reply had been given. I would still very much like help here. I have added my address to the private info area of  my profile, thanks.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

HI @OvineAviation

We can request an ORDI to be completed, can you confirm your full address, by adding it to the private notes section of your community profile. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes