cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Fibre internet service for 14 days

Brianlesbirel
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi

I’ve been without internet for 14days tomorrow 1/7/24 

i am a full fibre customer does anyone else apart from TalkTalk and OpenReach think this is acceptable.

The fault appears to be a common one

unable to obtain WAN IP address.

The service has been fine for 5

months and then it stopped and despite many many phone calls and promises the fault has been escalated it’s still down.

it appears the 365 day 24/7 service is only supported Monday to Friday. 

8 REPLIES 8

Brianlesbirel
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

I’d rather be getting a call from an engineer who is working on my fault. This is the third time I’ve been promised a call back and on the previous two occasions I did not receive a call, so I won’t hold my breath.

DAY 15 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

OK thanks Brian. I can see that a callback has been booked for this afternoon, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Brianlesbirel
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

Fault codeFault code

0 Likes

Brianlesbirel
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

All lights are on the NTU and this is a common issue within the community. My full fibre installation has worked perfectly for 5 months. I last used the internet on 17th June, I then went away for 4 days when I returned home my internet was down and has been ever since. Openreach have visited my house for the second time and appeared happy with the fibre integrity back to the Headend, so over to you talktalk, the fault being 

No WAN IP address, 

This outage  and the lack of ownership of the fault is unacceptable, and does not follow the code of service in your terms and conditions. Why is no one contacting me, I have been promised calls from. Case Manager on two occasions and no one called. It appears that my only option is to leave Talktalk using failure to deliver a service ( in your terms and conditions ) and find another Service Provider. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

OK thanks. Which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Brianlesbirel
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Amended thanks it was a typo 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Brian,

Could you just check the details that you've entered in your community profile and confirm that it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Chat is available today, @Brianlesbirel. Check here for opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Forum staff will be back after the weekend.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes