cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero Pro 6 - slow speed - [wired devices - wireless devices] connected.

Claudiu_A
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I am a new TalkTalk Full Fibre 500 Mbps [Data Only] customer.

I have major issues from first day after Openreach engineer installed ONT, tested it [usual tests: speed/conectivity].

Well I was very impressed to see *again* download speeds up to 500Mbps after using ADSL 65 Mbps in the last 2 years.

The excitement didn't last long, after 2 hours my download speed dropped to 3 Mbps and since then is being like that.

Been assisted via Live Chat by several Technicians from TalkTalk, 3 days in a row, but they kept saying that based on tests they are doing from Datacenter to Eero Pro 6 router the speed looks OK [which I do agree - they'll always have that result because the test is treated as LOCAL cross-network].

Checking my internet speed via my account [TalkTalk] it shows something totally different, the screenshot attached shows what a *great* download speed I have.

Hence, this was not solved by Technicians, I have been forwarded to Complains Department, which decided to send me a new Eero Pro 6 router, which would be useless, in my opinion, but will wait and check that too [giving them another chance]

I am working in *domain* and dealing with Unix/Win/Mac/ devices 10 hours/day, providing reliable services across whole Europe.

How I know is not my "home setup" and Eero Pro 6 router is easy :), even a 12 yo kid would know how to test it.

What I tried:

CAT 5/6/8 Ethernet cables - result is the same - under 10 Mbps download.

Changed router: tried 3 reliable Full Fibre compatible routers [used with other Full Fibre ISP's and had 1Gbps speeds on them] - result is the same - under 10 Mbps download.

Switched off each device one by one to see if is down to a "faulty device" - upon checking packets sent over router up/down were not pointing to any device saturating 500Mbps download speed [or upload bandwidth]

There are times when everything is OK and I have the right download speed using Eero Pro 6.

From a total of 6 days since I am using TalkTalk I had a total combined time of 7 hours and 25 minutes promised speed, the rest of it was under 5 Mbps.

Tried NordVPN [luckily] I have a paid subscription AND VOILÀ my speeds are up again to +500Mbps  download and +70 Mbps upload [which was never affected, has same speeds for upload using VPN or using IP address by TalkTalk].

So in my opinion, TalkTalk is assigning me dynamically IP address which cannot cap with the internet speed or wrong IP aggregation.

Also, if it would be a setup issue [Ethernet cables/devices/router] - I would never be able to have the right UPLOAD speed but never download speed, and have down/up speeds at HIGH speeds using a VPN.

Overall, reading this forum saw a lot of people complaining about assistance, I have no complaints they were kind and very nice with me in all 3 departments as I end up calling the Loyalty Department.

If the new router won't fix the issue I'll be forced to cancel the contract, as currently is affecting my job [ 3Mbps download speed is not a speed suitable to work with multiple servers open/browser tabs/and be in meetings ]

What I would want to *complain* about is that TalkTalk should remove the "WI-FI Home 8 GBP/month" from assistance "script -given to "technicians to read" when clients are complaining about internet speeds that are affecting wired/wireless devices. I've been told by all of them to subscribe to that package because that will solve the issue.
No, that would not solve it at all as I was complaining about wired devices :).

And also TalkTalk should train the "technicians" team, none of them gave me the feeling of being a "technician".

For TalkTalk I`ve added another screenshot to show what speed I have using a VPN.

Download Speed test of 9 Mbps is done using the IP assigned by TalkTalk
Download Speed of ~400 Mbps  is done using NordVPN [VPN]

Cheers,
   C.A

Slow-speed.png

Speed-OK-VPN.png
Born to be Wild!
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Good morning,

I understand. We'll check back in with you tomorrow to see if the router has arrived.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I am.

Waiting new router to arrive and test  if that will fix the issue, and next day I am waiting a call from Loyalty Team, to check if solved the issue, if wont be solved I`ll proceed and  terminate the contract.

No one in this world should be "punished" to pay +30 GBP /month for an internet connection with 3 Mbps download speed.

Born to be Wild!
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you still in contact with our Complaints Team?

Michelle

0 Likes