cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero Pro 6 - slow speed - [wired devices - wireless devices] connected.

Claudiu_A
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

I am a new TalkTalk Full Fibre 500 Mbps [Data Only] customer.

I have major issues from first day after Openreach engineer installed ONT, tested it [usual tests: speed/conectivity].

Well I was very impressed to see *again* download speeds up to 500Mbps after using ADSL 65 Mbps in the last 2 years.

The excitement didn't last long, after 2 hours my download speed dropped to 3 Mbps and since then is being like that.

Been assisted via Live Chat by several Technicians from TalkTalk, 3 days in a row, but they kept saying that based on tests they are doing from Datacenter to Eero Pro 6 router the speed looks OK [which I do agree - they'll always have that result because the test is treated as LOCAL cross-network].

Checking my internet speed via my account [TalkTalk] it shows something totally different, the screenshot attached shows what a *great* download speed I have.

Hence, this was not solved by Technicians, I have been forwarded to Complains Department, which decided to send me a new Eero Pro 6 router, which would be useless, in my opinion, but will wait and check that too [giving them another chance]

I am working in *domain* and dealing with Unix/Win/Mac/ devices 10 hours/day, providing reliable services across whole Europe.

How I know is not my "home setup" and Eero Pro 6 router is easy :), even a 12 yo kid would know how to test it.

What I tried:

CAT 5/6/8 Ethernet cables - result is the same - under 10 Mbps download.

Changed router: tried 3 reliable Full Fibre compatible routers [used with other Full Fibre ISP's and had 1Gbps speeds on them] - result is the same - under 10 Mbps download.

Switched off each device one by one to see if is down to a "faulty device" - upon checking packets sent over router up/down were not pointing to any device saturating 500Mbps download speed [or upload bandwidth]

There are times when everything is OK and I have the right download speed using Eero Pro 6.

From a total of 6 days since I am using TalkTalk I had a total combined time of 7 hours and 25 minutes promised speed, the rest of it was under 5 Mbps.

Tried NordVPN [luckily] I have a paid subscription AND VOILÀ my speeds are up again to +500Mbps  download and +70 Mbps upload [which was never affected, has same speeds for upload using VPN or using IP address by TalkTalk].

So in my opinion, TalkTalk is assigning me dynamically IP address which cannot cap with the internet speed or wrong IP aggregation.

Also, if it would be a setup issue [Ethernet cables/devices/router] - I would never be able to have the right UPLOAD speed but never download speed, and have down/up speeds at HIGH speeds using a VPN.

Overall, reading this forum saw a lot of people complaining about assistance, I have no complaints they were kind and very nice with me in all 3 departments as I end up calling the Loyalty Department.

If the new router won't fix the issue I'll be forced to cancel the contract, as currently is affecting my job [ 3Mbps download speed is not a speed suitable to work with multiple servers open/browser tabs/and be in meetings ]

What I would want to *complain* about is that TalkTalk should remove the "WI-FI Home 8 GBP/month" from assistance "script -given to "technicians to read" when clients are complaining about internet speeds that are affecting wired/wireless devices. I've been told by all of them to subscribe to that package because that will solve the issue.
No, that would not solve it at all as I was complaining about wired devices :).

And also TalkTalk should train the "technicians" team, none of them gave me the feeling of being a "technician".

For TalkTalk I`ve added another screenshot to show what speed I have using a VPN.

Download Speed test of 9 Mbps is done using the IP assigned by TalkTalk
Download Speed of ~400 Mbps  is done using NordVPN [VPN]

Cheers,
   C.A

Slow-speed.png

Speed-OK-VPN.png
Born to be Wild!
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi,

No need for any actions to be taken, been in contact with complains Dept. and Loyalty. 

Decided to cancel my contract, in fact already been in touch with other provider and made the order so they'll deal with the switch and contract cancellation.

Thank you, for the short journey 😕

Born to be Wild!
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Chris,

Profile updated and added my account Number.

Kind regards,
 Claudiu

Born to be Wild!
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Claudiu_A,

Can you please update your community profile with either your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number, and let us know when you've done this, we'll then take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Claudiu_A
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

Problem "solved" technical team said to cancel my contract... good job, NO, after they spoke with their manager.

Is by any means TalkTalk not willing to send an openreach engineer  to solve the issue ? at last, try to change the ONT/ or change the CBT line to see if problem still persists ?

Is this maybe because I am the only client connected to that CBT so n TalkTalk doesn't want to pay  openreach services to visit check/test fix the issue ?

I am explaining my issues to all departments and nothing..they keep saying "never seen this before"BUT hey just found a thread here with the same issue back in 2023: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Fibre-speed-has-now-dropped-to-11-Mb-sec/td-p/301056

So is there by any chance be able to get this fixed ? Or should I take the "resolution advice" from Tehnicians who said to cancel my contract?...

Cheers,

Born to be Wild!
0 Likes

Claudiu_A
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Hi Karl,

Yes, it arrived minutes a go, but no luck.

Steps taken before installing new router and setup it:

1) Reinstalled windows on my Personal Computer [ there was no need but wanted to be sure there is a clean OS ]
2) Ethernet Adapter set to Automatically  get/assign IP addresses/DNS servers from new router [DHCP ON]

First test after installations minutes a go [screenshots attached below]

NOTES: using same PC/same setup/same ethernet cables/

At this point I guess is a problem from TalkTalk and how they assign me the public IP which has limited "download bandwidth", is like the IP address is used by multiple clients [shared IP address].

I don't know if TalkTalk use Carrier Grade Nat  [ if does it seams all IP's assigned to me  are limited when it comes to download bandwidth]

Kind regards,

Claudiu

New-router.pngNew-router-TT.pngNew-router-VPN.png
Born to be Wild!
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi

Has the Router arrived ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Good morning,

I understand. We'll check back in with you tomorrow to see if the router has arrived.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I am.

Waiting new router to arrive and test  if that will fix the issue, and next day I am waiting a call from Loyalty Team, to check if solved the issue, if wont be solved I`ll proceed and  terminate the contract.

No one in this world should be "punished" to pay +30 GBP /month for an internet connection with 3 Mbps download speed.

Born to be Wild!
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you still in contact with our Complaints Team?

Michelle

0 Likes