cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Another user with 5Ghz channel number problem

ascottishstoic
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi there

I've been wondering for a while why some of my 5Ghz compatible devices can't connect to that signal, and instead connect to 2.4GHz and came across some threads here saying that there is a known issue with eero devices defaulting to a channel that most devices can't access.

I have used a WiFi Analyzer app and it says that my 5Ghz is using CH 153(155). I understand there is a fix that can be applied but I need to request it? Could someone look into this for me so I can get the fix applied?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

That's great news Paul, thanks for letting us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi there Michelle

I've now tested it and the devices are able to connect to the 5GHz connection from my eeros.

Thanks very much for all your assistance with this.

Paul

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hello again,

I've been advised that the fix has now been applied. Please can you retest and let us know how your connection compares.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 11

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've asked the Devices Manager if they have received an update from eero.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Morning,

No additional update as yet, If I don't hear anymore by the end of the day then I will chase this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Good afternoon,

Thank you for confirming. I've passed this straight over to our Devices Manager now and will post back as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Michelle

It's v 7.3.3-2

Thanks for looking at this.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Thanks Keith, much appreciated.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Good morning,

Could I just check, what version of firmware is showing on your eero please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and ask them to apply the fix for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?