cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Checkout Error

Tyla_Cymru
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hello,

A few weeks ago I was looking to switch to TalkTalk, and looked at some price comparisons. I went away and returned today to try and purchase Fibre 900.

I can check speed availability, select my address and select a package, and then the page loads for a while before going to 'Oops, something went wrong. You might be able to try again'. This error is emulated on my mobile, my laptop, on incognito tabs and in both Chrome and Samsung Internet, with cache and cookies cleared on all.

If I select either of my neighbours addresses (large estate, neighbour in attached house), the checkout continues flawlessly. If I then try again with my address, it fails. 

It appears that, perhaps, when I abandoned my cart previously, somewhere, on a database or other TalkTalk system, an error has now flagged up linked to my specific address. I had no problem getting to the sign up 2 weeks ago, but now returning, somethings gone wrong.

I felt fobbed off on Live Chat, the advisor telling me that this is an Open Reach line issue. It is not - I have broadband currently (500mbs) with Sky. I can sign up with any other provider I have tried. It is just Talk Talk that has some internal error. How might I go about fixing this, because even on live chat, the advisor could not get my address to go through the system without flagging an error. 

At this stage, I'm wondering if I can order my broadband as Number 39, and then ask them to change the address to Number 37 later on....

Any advice welcomed.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Tyla_Cymru

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number or order reference.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes