cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero pro 6 WiFi signal

Lynny20
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

I have hardly any WiFi signal / total black spots  upstairs after the eero pro 6 was fitted Friday 03/11 spoke to talk talk they told me like yourself to give it 24 hours for it to stabilise did this no difference whatsoever rung back yesterday was told to give it another 48 hours this time and ring back on Tuesday they are now telling me my connection is misaligned I challenged this and the lady couldn’t explain what that meant feel like I’m just getting messed about the engineer when installing the full fibre system told me at the time I’d probably require eero extenders which I explained to the lady but she wanted 89.00 per unit obviously this eero pro 6 is not fit for purpose works well but just downstairs after upgrading to full fibre 500 feeling really let down and frustrated by talk talk just require extenders 

L Smith
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Just to confirm, you still have the blackspot upstairs with the additional eero devices, or is it OK with the additional devices?

Chris

Message 2 of 18

Hi Chris you have sent me the eero router which is connected I have two echo dots which have now purchased and I have lent from an extender to try help with my issues sorry Chris not sure why this is relevant I have sourced these myself because talk talk seem unable to upgrade my package to full 900 which includes an extender and that’s all I want doing at agreed price still struggling to understand why this is a problem please help cheers 

L Smith
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

OK thanks for answering the security questions. Just to confirm do you just have the one eero connected?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Good morning Chris just filled that in just still not heard anything from talk talk yet 3-5 days has now lapsed 

L Smith
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Lynny20,

I've sent you a PM with a new link

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Yes sorry 

L Smith
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Lynny20

Sorry, just to confirm, is it the private message that you can't open or the link in the private message?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Chris unable to open private message it just keeps saying unexpected error as occurred sorry 

L Smith
0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Lynny20,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Thanks Lynny, I'll take a look at this now (you'd added your account number to your biography  so I've moved it to the private notes section)

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

I’ve done that now Chris 

L Smith
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Thanks but could you also please add your TalkTalk account number to the private notes section of your Community Profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Chris all updated thank you 

L Smith
0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi Lynny20,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Good evening Michelle unfortunately I’m still without internet upstairs in my home I’ve actually spoken to talk talk four times now in total being in the phone each time for at least Ian hour each time first time told time to wait 24 hours then rung back told to wait again for 48 hours as previously stated in this post then I spoke to talk talk again this time the gentleman agreed with what I said at the start that I just required an eero extender so going through the options with me I agreed to upgrade from full fibre 500 to the full fibre 900 obviously at more cost to myself but now I would receive WiFi home guaranteed so now I would get the extender I requested at the start to get the internet upstairs like I had with the basic package so having agreed the finer details with the gentleman I was now being told that unfortunately he couldn’t upgrade because I had incomplete orders which he and I didn’t have a clue what they were so he tried his manager who then in turn told me it might take up to 14 days now if could happen before this he promised he would let me know and keep in touch guess what nothing at all happened that expired yesterday so I spoke to yet another gentleman today and he said exactly the same incomplete ordes apparently escalated this fault and has asked me to wait now 3 / 5 days now and this is just yo upgrade unreal so that’s where I’m at very frustrated I’m afraid 

L Smith
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Lynny20 

Thanks for creating your own thread. I have no idea either what they mean by your "connection is misaligned". Have you still got your old router connected & turned on, this might cause too much WiFi interference.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes