cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

City Fibre

jason1977
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

City fibre installed the new network in my area last year, I got an email from talktalk saying that I was being upgraded for free.

I was on Fibre 65, presumably from the openreach network. My contract has just finished and I wanted to get a faster connection, but when I check on the talktalk website, its still saying the fastest I can get is 65mb, despite Zen offering me 900mb. Before I go ahead and switch, because I cant seem to get an answer out of anyone when I ring up, is there anything I need to check with my setup?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi jason1977

The only way to upgrade your speed on city fibre is to place a cancellation then a new order, this will lead to a loss of service between the cancel completing and the new order going live. 

The future fibre team will be able to assist you with this. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

hybridmedia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Just be aware switching when on city fibre is not really possible, at least in the sense that you may have been used to with broadband over the phone line. 

Any New ISP cannot take over the current line. You first need to talk Talk to cancel the line by ending your contract before the new ISP can start the process of getting access to the line.

If you try and register without cancelling the New ISP will cancel the order as line is still active and City fibre can only supply one line at a time. 

As new providers need a few weeks to organise an installation it means a few weeks without Internet unless you have a backup system.

It takes 7 to 10 days for talktalk to disconnect a city fibre line and hand it back to city fibre for use for another ISP

0 Likes

jason1977
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Can anyone help?

0 Likes