cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

DNS Problems

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 81 of 81

Hello, I seem to have major dns problems, my laptop keeps disconnecting and saying failed to connect to dns, but also one of my Samsung Smart TV has done the same, I have used public dns settings which make it better but why shouldnt I be able to set to auto and it work?

Jason
0 Likes
80 REPLIES 80

Message 21 of 81

I've ordered the router, please give it a try and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 81

Thanks but I am unsure it will fix the cause unless its a new router?!

Jason
0 Likes

Message 23 of 81

OK, I'll order another replacement router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 81

Hi Chris,

The replacement router is on its way back to you, it was totally useless, I couldnt even get any devices to connect...

Jason
0 Likes

Message 25 of 81

Sorry, have you already reset the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 81

Again? I cannot see what this will do, the router is constantly booting off 2.4ghz devices...

Jason
0 Likes

Message 27 of 81

Could you try resetting the router to factory default settings and then retest. Please let us know how you get on. - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 81

Chris, 

Just logged onto the router again and as you can see from the image 2.4Ghz isnt working at times....

2.4ghz2.4ghz

Jason
0 Likes

Message 29 of 81

Hi Chris,

This is the third router now, are they checked before being sent out? this morning I woke to my cameras being disconnected and also nothing would connect to the router until I did a power cycle, this seems to be a regular occurrence with the wifi, I have been with TalkTalk many years over 10 I believe and have never had problems with the Sagcom router I was supplied which was new at the time?!

Jason
0 Likes

Message 30 of 81

Hi JaceyBoy,

If the replacement router is faulty I can order a replacement, would you like me to do this?

Chris

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 81

Hello Chris,

I am sorry to say the new (refurb) router us useless, worse than the last one supplied, i could not get any cameras to connect at all so have gone back to the old router and it has connected straight away, but I am getting such poor signal from it, nothing has changed at all so it has to be down to the routers supplied, can I request a BRAND NEW router please and not these poor refurbs that do not work?

Jason
0 Likes

Message 32 of 81

If the connection drops then the router will resync at the target SNR but the actual speed that the router syncs at will depend on the level of background noise at the time

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 81

Thanks Chris will do, is there any reason why our down speeds have dropped slightly?

Jason
0 Likes

Message 34 of 81

OK, I've ordered the router, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 81

I always use new cables, the only thing I do is change the Network name and password only to my own

Jason
0 Likes

Message 36 of 81

OK, I'll order a new  router, it should be with you within a couple of working days. Please use the cables supplied with the new router

Chris

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 81

Just did a hard reset to the router, seemed to work for 2 mins now back to cutting off devices again, very strange problem this, our old router worked for years before having any issues😙

Jason
0 Likes

Message 38 of 81

I can only see the connection history up to 9am this morning at the moment but the connection was down between around 8:40-9:00, I'll check again later to see what was going on at the time of the DNS errors

Chris

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 81

Yes ok Chris, why so many DNS errors?

Jason
0 Likes

Message 40 of 81

We can send another router to test with, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes