cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

DNS Problems

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 81 of 81

Hello, I seem to have major dns problems, my laptop keeps disconnecting and saying failed to connect to dns, but also one of my Samsung Smart TV has done the same, I have used public dns settings which make it better but why shouldnt I be able to set to auto and it work?

Jason
0 Likes
80 REPLIES 80

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 81

DNSDNS

Jason
0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 81

I also notice our speed has dropped from 55mbps to 54.3mbps showing in the router menu, could it be a dodgy router that is to blame?

Jason
0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 81

It seems as though the router is struggling with giving signal on 2.ghz and 5ghz

Jason
0 Likes

Message 44 of 81

You could try checking the router logs in the routers UI

Chris

0 Likes

Message 45 of 81

Hi Michelle,

This is a device to router problem, not line I think, no I have no wired devices at all, is there anyway I can check for intrutions on the router? maybe there is some sort of virus attacking it?

Jason
0 Likes

Message 46 of 81

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and I can see 1 re-connection in the last 6 days. Can I just confirm, do you have any devices connected wired when this happens please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 81

Hello,

I am sorry to say that all my problems are back again, multiple disconnections from the router, smart tv's will not connect to it and also my cameras/phones etc, I do not know what is going on, could it be someone is trying to hack my router of some sorts? I have turned it off this morning for 30 mins and now back online but no doubt in a while it will go back to stopping connections again...

Jason
0 Likes

Message 48 of 81

That's great, thanks for letting us know 

Chris

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 81

Just an update, new router seems to have done the trick, sent old one back also....

Jason
0 Likes

Message 50 of 81

Good afternoon,

Great, thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 81

Hello, new router arrived and up and running, will update after a few days

Jason

Message 52 of 81

Hi JaceyBoy

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered the replacement router and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 53 of 81

Back to square one I am afraid, smart tv has issues again with connection and same with PC & laptop, I think I need to try a new router please?

Jason
0 Likes

Message 54 of 81

Good afternoon,

Ok thanks for confirming and please let us know if this does happen again and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 81

So far not too bad Michelle, maybe the network name and password change sorted things

Jason
0 Likes

Message 56 of 81

Morning,

Thanks for the update. How has the connection been over the last 48hrs please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 81

Just an update, factory reset the router this morning, changed the network name and password, and it seems to be working ok at the moment, watch this space..

Jason
0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 58 of 81

Chris or Debbie, 

we are having major connection problems with multiple tv’s and phones etc, I think the router has had it, can you send a new one please?

Jason
0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 81

Chris, still having issues with the smart tv and dns, tv connects to router but cant get internet, then if I change dns to manual and public it works, what can be wrong?

Jason
0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 81

Yes it is Chris

Jason
0 Likes