cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Digital Voice and App

Nadeem-Aslam
Participant
Private Message
Message 64 of 64

Hi 

Today i had my internet upgraded to full fibre, I have a Hub 2 but i won't be using it as i have a more advanced personal router and will keep the Hub 2 as backup.

The openreach engineer just told me to test internet which we did with Hub2 plugged in to avoid any possible issue, but he never checked if the phone worked. I was hoping to just use the Digital Voice App, but i can't see where to register mobiles etc - maybe as details not updated in my account. Also don't know if i can get a digital adapter tot use with my own router then i could use hand sets or do Talk Talk have list of VOIP phone they support.

On a side note - no fault of Talk Talk the open reach engineer has very muddy boots left mud all over laminate - luckily we'd put down protection on our carpet otherwise he'd have soiled 1100 pounds worth of flooring - i don't know if you can support but i'd like to raise as complaint most engineers. I've ever had either ask if ok to come in with boots or the have protectors they put over their boots. 

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63

Message 1 of 64

@Billx 

The original poster's issue was long since sorted and the support team were happy to continue with the follow up. The only one barging in here is you, quite unnecessarily, many months later. This long dormant topic is now locked.

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 64

I was replying to the issue of the original poster, @Nadeem-Aslam , not the issue of @benny55,

It looks like @benny55 had barged in.

Bill

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 64

If at first, one is not already logged into MyAccount, and one attempts to go to  https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/voip-app, the system will skip  https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/voip-app and then log you into MyAccount. It will remain in MyAccount and will forget about taking you to https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/voip-app.

To complete the procedure, while you are logged in to MyAccount, you have re-enter https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/voip-app in the browser, click a button, and MyAccount will register you to use the Voip-app.

Bill

0 Likes

Message 4 of 64

That's great Benny, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 64

Hi Chris

Success. It’s now behaving as I first envisaged.

Incoming calls are registered on both LL and Mob and continues to ring until either is picked up. As an alternative, calls can be diverted to the LL VM which obviously ends the Mob call.

Thank you for your perseverance in resolving this.

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 64
0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 64

OK, it’s off now, will switch back on at 10:45. 

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 64

Hi Benny,

VM doesn't appear to be enabled so I can't disable it, could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes and then switch back on. Could you then let me know if VM is still enabled

Chris

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 64

Once again thank you Chris.

In that case how can I get this functionality removed from my A/C?

I simply require the home phone to continue ringing until answered or gets picked up by my answer phone system and not terminated as at present.

Thanks, Benny.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 64

I'm sorry about that, I agree that it would be handy if it could be altered but it doesn't have that functionality unfortunately, it's just set to the industry standard I'm told.

Chris

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 64

Thanks Chris.

I that case, as it’s resulting in land line calls being terminated too early, the only option left is to switch it off.

I'm somewhat disappointed, as it renders the benefits of this functionality somewhat redundant, at leas in my situation.

Thanks, Benny.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 64

OK, the length of time it takes to go to voice mail can't be changed so unfortunately you really only have the option of having it on or off.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 64

OK, that's clearer, I thought when you referred to call divert delay you were referring to a delay between the call being transferred to the mobile rather than the call going to voice mail

Leave it with me, I'll see if this can be changed

Chris

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 64

Thanks Chris

When I set this up initially I recall a field (value in Sec.) that referred to a delay in the transfer to the nominated mobile.

The issue I’ve got is that while the Land Line and the Mobile ring at the same time, the Mobile goes to voice mail after 21 sec (say when I'm driving) and the land line stops ringing so the home phone call is effectively ended when quite often it’s intended for the home resident. 

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 64

I've never actually used the digital voice app so I'm not entirely sure how it works but I've spoken to a colleague who has VoIP and uses the digital voice app. He says that there isn't a delay, the telephone and the mobile should ring at the same time and you just choose which one to answer (which is what the help article appears to be saying). Is this not what is happening with you?

Chris

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 64

Thanks Chris

I have already been through this article and it would appear I have explored all these avenues.

The crux of the matter seems to be that once the initial app configurations have been set up there is no further access to this functionality e.g.  the setting of Mobile No. or transfer delay times.  

I’ve come to the conclusion that the inability to change these parameters leaves me with little choice, for now, but to request that the time delay is altered from the current 21sec to 300sec or failing that this facility is removed from my A/C.

Thanks, Benny

0 Likes

Message 17 of 64

Hi Benny,

Could you take a look at the following help article and let me know if it helps - TalkTalk Digital Voice App - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 64

Thanks Michelle,

Yes, they divert to one of my current mobiles. However, I don’t appear to have an option to alter that or vary the delay divert time. All of these options were available at the initial set up.

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 64

Hi again,

So just to confirm, when you receive calls through the digital voice app they divert to a different number after 21 seconds?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 64

Thanks Michelle.

What’s suggested is the normal A/C 'Call Divert' options and, as far as I can see, nothing to do with the Digital App application. It’s either ‘on’ with a monthly charge or ‘off’. Current status 'off'.

When the App was first set up there was the option, amongst other things, to select the mobile number and set the time delay for call diversion. I can’t see this option on My Account.

Benny.

0 Likes