cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

EERO Pro 6 Fails WAN IP

Adam16031
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Full fibre installed in August and has been working fine with TalkTalk Wifi Hub 2. Upgraded package to Fibre 900, which activated yesterday.

EERO installation fails at WAN IP repeatedly, despite multiple resets of EERO and power cycles of CityFibre modem.

Tried Cat 5 & 6 ethernet cables, still fails to install. All 4 lights green on CityFibre modem.

Plugged Wifi Hub 2 back in and all works fine again (obviously not achieving the 900Mb.

Seems a very common fault looking at other community posts and that @Chris-TalkTalk may be the best at fixing it. Please can you help?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Hi Adam,

That's great news, thanks for letting me know.

I'm not sure about the contract extension, you could try asking in the billing section

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Hooray! Achieving 945 download & upload.

Fantastic, thanks Chris. Is there a way our Fibre 900 contract date could be extended to 29th July 2025 please (currently 17th July 2025), given our service has only started today?

Thanks again,

Adam

0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

Thanks Adam,

I think we may have resolved this now. Could you give it an hour and then retest

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

1000022118.jpg

Hi Chris,

Thank you. Just a screenshot of the EERO speed test.

Adam

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Hi Adam'

Everything on our side is showing that you're on Fibre 900 so I'll ask our provisioning team to take a look at this. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hello Michelle,

I did this over the weekend and have just done it again for 30 minutes (ONT & router). No change to my speed, still down at 70s Mbps.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Hi Adam,

Can I just confirm, did you power down the ONT and router for a full 30 minutes please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Hi Chris,

Speed hasn't changed, tried power cycling modem & EERO too. Hopefully you can take a look when you're free.

Where do I stand on my contract date for Fibre 900 being 17th Jan 24 - 17th July 2025? Can that be adjusted to when my service actually starts please?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Okay, thanks Chris. Will do!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Hi Adam,

The change can happen any time today, if it doesn't that please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Afternoon Chris,

Just a heads up that my speed has not yet increased to the 900Mbps today. Is there a way to chase this up please, or can the change take place any time today?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

That's great, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

Message 13 of 34

EERO is up & running now.

Thanks again!

Message 14 of 34

No problem Adam 🙂

Chris

Message 15 of 34

Perfect, thanks for such swift and efficient help! I'll try the EERO in a couple of hours then and let you know how I get on.

Take care,

Adam

Message 16 of 34

I've made the change, if you could give it an hour and then try the eero, hopefully it will work

Chris

Message 17 of 34

OK, I'll make the change now, it may take up to an hour to go through. You won't need to do anything on the 26th, the speed should just increase at some point during the day

Chris

Message 18 of 34

Hi Chris,

Happy for the change now please for the EERO to work at current speed, before the 26th. From the 26th do I need to make any active changes, or will the line speed increase?

Thanks.

Message 19 of 34

Hi Adam,

I can make a change now that will allow the eero to connect but it will be at the current speed. If you were given the 26th as the original upgrade date then the speed should increase then. Would you like me to make the change now to allow the eero to connect?

Chris

Message 20 of 34

Hi Michelle, 

I have a functioning Wifi Hub 2, with an EERO ready to go. My original post was that on trying to set the EERO up, it fails at WAN IP stage.

Do you think that once the upgrade activation is completed, the EERO will then set up correctly?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes