cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Urgent support connecting required

MissLucinda99997
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 36

City fibre came and installed our fibre box this morning and left when 4 green lights came on - they tested and checked everything and said it was working fine. They connected the eero 6 and we downloaded the eero app. I've followed the instructions and the app on my phone can find the Eero, but fails during set up and says eero can’t connect to the internet. There is an exclamation mark next to WAN IP address. I've called Eero who said it's not an issue there end as the router is working fine. The engineers kindly came and gave us a standard TalkTalk router and that's not working either. Spoke to 3 different people at TalkTalk who all claim there's an error on the line but the engineers have confirmed it was all working fine. 

I've already missed a day of work due to this, can anyone help? I'm desperate. 

Lucy
0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

@MissLucinda99997, compensation is calculated once the issue has been resolved and doesn't include the initial couple of days, in order to give reasonable time for resolution. 

It's generous per day, in order to cover the extra costs and inconvenience.

It takes up to 30 days to show. 

See full details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

See also Talktalk's Ts&Cs, linked at the foot of the page. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 36

I had to spent over £50 on data to ensure I didn't lose my job so I fully intend to get compensated! Thank you 🙂

Lucy
0 Likes

MickyB93
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 36

Make sure you get the compensation for each day with no Internet. 

Michael Baker
0 Likes

Message 4 of 36

Good morning,

Thanks for confirming and I'm sorry that it has taken a while to resolve this for you. Please let us know if you do need any further assistance.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Heya, 

I had to spend a lot of Friday turning the box on and off and then finally it started working! Thank you for your help

Lucy
0 Likes

Message 6 of 36

Morning,

Just checking back in to confirm if this is now working for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. The team said that as the profile has been changed, could you now try powering down the ONT and the router for a full 30 minutes and then let us know if it does then connect please? 

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 36

Still nothing. Seeing the exact same error message I was Monday. 

And I was told I'd be contacted 12-2 yesterday by a case manager, they didn't call so I called them, told it has been changed 4-6 (without informing me) but I'd only actually get called if they resolved the issue so of course no one called. Call today asking what on earth this sort of service is as I have now had no Internet for over a week and told now I can't expect to hear anything until 4-6 on Monday!!!! So no internet all weekend? This is absolutely horrific. 

Lucy
0 Likes

Message 9 of 36

Morning,

Our team have confirmed that a profile change has been completed and have asked if you can confirm if you currently have the wifi hub 2 connected at the moment? Are you now able to connect please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 36

Morning,

I'm really sorry, I will chase the team for an update now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36

I researched myself because no one seemed to be able to find an answer and told the support team to check if they'd filled my profile with cityfibre out correctly and they said actually it needed a modification but would be fixed within 24 hours.... that was 10am yesterday and when I chased they've said it could be up to 48 hours longer. This is insane.

Lucy
0 Likes

Message 12 of 36

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 36

Everything is still showing as 'connected without internet' unfortunately 

Lucy
0 Likes

Message 14 of 36

Thanks - no it shouldn't affect the speed

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 36

Thanks Chris I'll wait 30 minutes then try the talktalk router. Will using this instead if Eeros affect the speed at all?

Lucy
0 Likes

Message 16 of 36

5464 is the model of router. Sorry, I've checked a 5464 that we have here and the firmware version isn't on the label. I'm going to make a change to the connection settings which will hopefully allow the TalkTalk router to connect. I'll do this now, can you give it 30 minutes then try the TalkTalk router again 

Chris 

Message 17 of 36

We were given an Eeros device for this -  can't see a firmware label on there? 

The engineers did also give us a talktalk router to try when it didn't work which uses the firmware 5464-2 . Neither option will connect to the internet

Lucy
0 Likes

Message 18 of 36

Could you have a look on the back of the TalkTalk router and tell me what the firmware version is, it should be on the label, I just need the last 5 characters

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 36

All 4 are green and the Ethernet one flickers. 

Lucy
0 Likes

Message 20 of 36

OK thanks. Which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes