cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

EERO Pro 6 Fails WAN IP

Adam16031
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Full fibre installed in August and has been working fine with TalkTalk Wifi Hub 2. Upgraded package to Fibre 900, which activated yesterday.

EERO installation fails at WAN IP repeatedly, despite multiple resets of EERO and power cycles of CityFibre modem.

Tried Cat 5 & 6 ethernet cables, still fails to install. All 4 lights green on CityFibre modem.

Plugged Wifi Hub 2 back in and all works fine again (obviously not achieving the 900Mb.

Seems a very common fault looking at other community posts and that @Chris-TalkTalk may be the best at fixing it. Please can you help?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

Hi Adam,

Apologies for the confusion, can I just confirm, do you currently have the eero or just the wifi hub 2?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 22 of 34

Perfect, thanks for the help Michelle.

Just to confirm, should I expect a change of service/working EERO later today, or are we going back to the live date of 26th Jan and a change to My Account dates?

Thank you!

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the update. If there is no change by this afternoon then please let us know and we can escalate this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 24 of 34

Morning Chris,

Really appreciate you replying so swiftly, thank you. Interesting! Our original upgrade date was 26th Jan, however I received a text & email 17th Jan advising the Fibre 900 is now active and to use the EERO. My contract date on My Account also now shows 17th Jan start, changed from 26th Jan start.

Will wait to see what happens later today. If the service activates of 26th Jan, is there a way of getting the contract end date adjusted please? Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 34

Hi Adam,

It looks as though the upgrade hasn't gone through completely, still showing your old service on the City Fibre portal. I'll give it a couple of hours and then check again. If it's then still not gone through I'll ask our provisioing team to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 34

Oh interesting! I assumed the Hub 2 was maxed out or couldn't handle the speed. See what happens once the EERO 6 is finally up and running. Thanks for your input and help.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 34

Hmm, that is not as good as I was hoping. I am on Fibre 150 with my Hub 2 I regularly get 152/152M. Perhaps the WiFi is not as good as it could be. Anyway, enough of that, as it is really a bit off-topic from what you asked. Hopefully, TalkTalk will pick this up on Monday for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

I've only done a Wi-Fi speed test, which is 100-110Mb download with the Hub 2, with 100-110Mb upload.

Previous package was the Essential Fibre and achieved 70-75Mb download on Wi-Fi.

Frustrating that TalkTalk send an "easy" plug & play EERO Pro 6, with a 4-step setup, which then doesn't work...

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 34

Yes. Out of interest what sort of speed test results do you get on Fibre 900 with the hub 2?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 34

Perfect, thank you. Will make sure my details are complete.

Am I okay to keep things running with my exisiting Wifi Hub 2? I don't want any background network checks to show no issues, just because I've got a working Hub 2 while the EERO isn't set up.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 34

Personally, I think the Hub 2 has better WiFi coverage, but I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please also try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 32 of 34

Thank you. Just tried that, no change. Installation fails at WAN IP stage. As soon as I plug the Wifi Hub 2 back in, everything works fine again. Seems to be an issue with EERO connecting to the TalkTalk network.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 34

Have you tried turning the ONT off for a minimum of 30 mins to clear all traces of the old speed?

Keith

0 Likes