cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero and WiFi Hub not connecting

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hi,

I got an update to full fibre and an engineer came on Monday 17 June to install it. An eero device was sent to my home and while the engineer was here he tried to set it up himself, 3 hours later he was unable to and in his attempt to reconnect to the old WiFi hub to still have internet while i seek a resolution with the eero device, somehow messed up the old connection too. Nevertheless, i have been without internet since Monday 17 June, i work from home and internet is crucial for me. I was on and off the chat and phone calls with talktalk team members but nothing. After spending hours in a chat and on the phone on Tuesday, i was told that a new WiFi Hub will be delivered to me, that will take 2-3 working days, i received the hub yesterday but surprise-surprise, still not working. When the engineer was trying to install the eero hub on Monday, an error on the app popped up "external IP address" with red exclamation mark next to it. i tried to explain this to the guy but he wouldn't listen, tried to explain this to talktalk chat and on the phone, but it was very obvious that nobody had any idea to what they are doing or even what that means. 

Either way, now i have an eero and a wifi hub and no internet. I have asked for an engineer, but was told that there is no problem on their end and that the problem is on my end, regardless of where the problem is, an engineer should still be sent to sort out this mess.

Now that I have a new black WiFi Hub I would rather use this to connect to the internet.

Please help.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi @GrigC 

Has everything been working ok since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Grig,

Glad to hear that the engineer has managed to resolve the issue, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 19

Quick update, the engineer fixed the issue.

0 Likes

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Hi Chris, no, nobody contacted me, I had to chase them.

An engineer is at the property right now trying to fix the issue. 

Is it possible to check if the profile was set correctly?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi GrigC,

How are you getting on, did the team contact you?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Sadly staff are not on here at weekends, @GrigC.

Talktalk support can be reached directly by phone today until 6pm:

03451 720088 

Live Chat is also available for support during the hours advertised here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

You don't need to be logged into My Account to access Live Chat  - just pass security questions to get past the bot.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 19

How much longer do I have to wait? This is ridiculous - I don't have internet since Monday

0 Likes

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

Still haven't heard anything...

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

That's ok, just checking for an update.

Message 10 of 19

HI GrigC

I've checked and the team have confirmed that they will be contacting you at some point today, they just can't give me a specific time at the moment sorry.

0 Likes

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

Hi, any updates?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi GrigC

It's no problem. I'm sorry again for the issues you are experiencing.

As soon as the team provide me with an update then I will post back here too.

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

Thank you!

Message 14 of 19

Hi GrigC

The team should make contact with you today, I can't guarantee a specific timescale sorry.

0 Likes

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Thank you, any idea how long? as in the next couple of minutes or few hours/days...

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi @GrigC 

Thank you. I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and we'll post back here as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

GrigC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Hi Debbie,

Openreach install.

I have updated the community profile.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi @GrigC 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Was this a CF or Openreach install?

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk account number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes