cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero as Mesh Only with non TalkTalk router

h1lsmis
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Is it possible to set an Eero pair into some form of 'mesh' mode with a non talktalk router? 

I can have a play at home to try and add them as mesh, but if these are 'locked down' to talktalk im thinking that option may not even be there? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

danzopa85
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

They do but you run the risk of it being pulled at any time. The small print has a clause that says it’s only to be used on the talktalk network. It also rebrands the network as “provided by talktalk”. I returned one I bought on eBay for this reason as it caused my existing network to rebrand!

“Amazon eero mesh router available on Full Fibre 150, 500 and 900 full fibre plans only. One eero included with Full Fibre 150 and 500, though supplementary eeros can be purchased by contacting TalkTalk. The eero device is restricted use and can only be used on the TalkTalk broadband network and with TalkTalk eero enabled packages, otherwise they may be deactivated.”

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

The eero's use a proprietary mesh network protocol so they'll not be able to set up a mesh network to include the non-TalkTalk router.

You would connect the first eero to the TalkTalk router using an Ethernet connection to one of the yellow port sockets at the router.  The eero's would work together. Best that you review the eero Support advice on retaining an existing router with an eero network.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi h1lsmis,

I don't know if this is possible, perhaps other customer can offer some advice

Chris