cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero can't connect to external IP address

jaw38
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I had fttp installed 30th October '23. No problems with the router supplied, fttp is great.

I have recently taken out a new contract on 5th March. I was sent the eero 6 router. The eero pairs with the app on my mobile. The ethernet cable is detected, however, it cannot find an external IP address. 

I spent a frustrating 90 minutes online last night, with fibre technical support. The agent eventually stated he'd made firmware updates on my package. I was told to power down the ONT and the eero router for 20 minutes, after which all would be fixed. He then closed the chat as the problem was 'resolved' It was not and the same issue was still present after the obligatory 20 minute power down. 

I can still use the original router supplied and my fibre connection is great. Are there any fixes for the eero?Is it worth sorting? I'm loathe to dedicate any more time to 'fixing' the issues.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Good morning 🙂

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting me know 🙂

Michelle

jaw38
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

HI, Michelle

The eero is now up and running. Thank you so much for your help. I just wish I'd posted here in the first place! Much appreciated

Regards

Angela

Message 3 of 10

Hi again,

I've requested the profile change now and it can take up to 30 minutes to complete. Please let us know how you get on. If the eero won't connect then try powering down the ONT and eero and try and connect again.

Thanks

Michelle

jaw38
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Morning, Michelle

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Morning,

Ok thanks. I'll make the change shortly after 8am today and will post back to confirm once it has been done.

Thanks

Michelle

jaw38
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Evening, Michelle

I am using the router I was supplied with, when the fttp was installed. I'm unsure what 'hub' router means.

If I am not required to be present for the change to the line profile, then I could disconnect my router and connect the eero to the ONT instead, when I leave for work in the morning at 8am.

Tomorrow evening after 4.30pm would suit, if the above is not feasible.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Morning,

Thank you. Can I just confirm, are you using the Wifi Hub router at the moment? We'll need to make a change to the line profile for the eero to connect. When would be the best time to do this as the connection will stop working for a short period?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

jaw38
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Evening, Michelle

I've updated my profile.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes