cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Engineer is booked this morning, but Yodel delivering router tomorrow

jmoorey1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 41 of 41

Morning -

I have had notification from Yodel this morning that my router will not be delivered until tomorrow. The Openreach engineer is due to arrive any minute (8am-1pm slot booked for today).

Can you confirm that I'll be able to use my existing router temporarily until the new one arrives?

I'm currently using my DSL via the TalkTalk-supplied Huawei EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway. It has a gigabit WAN port that the ONT should be able to connect to, I just need to know what config (if any) I need to do in order to switch it from using DSL to the FutureFibre connection, or whether it'll just work.

This is the second attempt to have FF fitted as your team made errors when scheduling the first one, and this engineer slot has been booked since the 3rd February. The external work was completed by Openreach on 2nd February.

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 21 of 41

Hello,

Ok the team have found the issue, they have advised that Openreach need to make a change on their side to resolve this. We tried to manually make the change but this rejected so a manual escalation has been raised straight to Openreach to resolve this and we usually hear back in 48hrs. We will continue to monitor this and will continue to check for updates and will post back as soon as we know more.

Thanks

Message 22 of 41

Hi,

Ok thank you and I will post back shortly with an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 41

You were too late unfortunately. Despite not wanting to I unboxed one of the eero devices and as I suspected it having success being allocated a WAN DHCP address either.

955BBDE3-FA4A-4475-AF75-DD312F6985D8.png

8FFBAA2F-5F0D-47DC-A6FB-B80BB903B278.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 24 of 41

Hello,

UPDATE - Please hold off on testing the eero at the moment as the team are looking into something for us. I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Message 25 of 41

Hi,

I've asked the team again to double check and confirm this now. Would it be possible to just test the eero just to see if you are able to connect as this will help us rule out an issue with the current router. You would need to follow the eero app to set this up.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 41

Day Three with no internet

Hi Debbie -

I'm afraid you've misunderstood, I cannot use the eero routers that you have provided since they have nowhere near the required number of ethernet ports on them. They only have two, one of which is required for uplink from the ONT. I currently use all four of the ethernet ports on my existing TalkTalk-provided Huawei router to provide connectivity throughout my property.

Luckily as Chris stated in his original response to my post back in Message #2 I will be able to use my existing router with FutureFibre going forwards as it should simply get a DHCP address on its WAN interface.

With regards to the current state of provisioning my account I still don't think they have been successful. I suspect you've been victim of some more dud information from that team. Since your message I have rebooted the ONT and can confirm I have solid green PON, LAN and Power lights. I have rebooted the router to attempt to obtain a DHCP address, but it still not being given one when requested. I have connected a separate test device to the ONT and it is not being issued a DHCP address either.

The ticket was raised yesterday by Stephanie from the Provisioning Team (although she called it the Order Management Team) and she advised that the order needs to be re-provisioned since it was originally set up with incorrect details from Openreach. This re-provisioning is what is required before I'll be able to get connectivity from my ONT, and the ETA for that is 22nd February. Can you quiz them again please and ask them to get their story straight? They have told you and I two completely different things. I have tested and proven that what they told you is incorrect, and at this stage I have no confidence that what they told me is any more accurate.

This is supposedly being tracked under REP-12513425, which is still showing in progress, although the level of detail that the customer is able to see on their fault tickets is somewhat lacking.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 41

Hi jmoorey1

Our Provisioning Team have confirmed that the order has all completed ok.

Have you downloaded the eero app and followed the set up instructions?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 41

Thank you Debbie. The agent I spoke with yesterday was named Stephanie.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 41

HI jmoorey1

Thanks for confirming your details.

I'm just checking this with our Provisioning Team and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 30 of 41

Hi jmoorey1

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 31 of 41

Day Two without internet.

Tried calling support again for an update.

On this occasion the agent advised that the provisioning information that had been used while my account was activated was incorrect, and that I need to be re-provisioned. The SLA for that is 5 working days, ETA for a fix is 22nd February, but in rare occasions can take longer. Member of the Provisioning Team/Order Management Team (two different people called it two different things) told me to call back on the 22nd if I still don't have internet.

Last night's agent unfortunately completely misunderstood what on Earth was going on, or was unsuccessful in raising the ticket correctly. Either way, another astonishing display of incompetence.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 41

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Thanks for confirming that the Future Fibre Team are now investigating and hopefully this will be resolved as soon as possible for you.

Thanks

jmoorey1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 33 of 41

Morning -

The eero routers arrived late yesterday, but they only have two Ethernet ports on them, one of which is used as the uplink from the ONT. This isn’t compatible with my home, I have hardwired Ethernet throughout which terminates adjacent to the fibre ingress.

Luckily, as per Chris’s original reply, I can use my existing TalkTalk router.

I spent about three hours on the phone to your various exotic call centres yesterday and they discovered that my account hadn’t been activated and there "was a mismatch In configuration between Openreach and TalkTalk."

I was advised the SLA for that type of ticket is 72 hours. All the time we’re without internet.

I gleefully watched the Openreach engineer rip out my copper yesterday and replace it with fibre, only to then have a demonstration of some of the worst incompetence I’ve ever seen from TalkTalk support.

my wife and I both work from home so we’re tethering from our mobiles today, but connectivity for our baby monitor for our son, the Hive hub for the heating and security, the cameras and security system being offline, all culminated in zero sleep last night.

Then the automated email at 00:22 this morning congratulating me because my FutureFibre is now live really took the biscuit.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 41

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is the router still on track for today?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 41

Re-patched a Windows box directly to the ONT. It calls for a DHCP address but gets nothing in response.

No DHCP available while connected directly to the ONT.No DHCP available while connected directly to the ONT.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 41

Could you try connecting a device directly to the ONT with an ethernet cable, bypassing the router, and check to see if you are able to connect to the internet

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 41

LAN, PON and Power are all solid green.

image.jpg

0 Likes

Message 38 of 41

Hi jmoorey1,

Could I just ask which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 39 of 41

Hi Chris -

Thank you for this. The Openreach engineer has now installed the ONT, but when connecting it to the WAN port of the router no connection is available.

The engineer called TalkTalk support and she advised that he should end the job as TalkTalk would not be able to liven up the connection while the job remained unfinished.

So I've been left with no internet. Can you advise how I get an update as to when the service will be enabled? I'm tethering from my mobile at the moment but it's no ideal as both my wife and I work from home.

Are there specific configurations that I need to make to the WAN on the router (i.e. VLAN ID, etc.) so that it ready when TalkTalk enable the connection?

2023-02-15 WAN Information.PNG
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 40 of 41

Hi Jmoorey1,

Yes, it should work with your Future Fibre service

Chris