cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

FTTP LOS issue down for days and reoccurring issue

Scone86
Team Player
Private Message
Message 67 of 67

Have been a customer for 4 years and not had an issue, however, I was left without broadband for a week recently waiting for Openreach to fix a line fault. This evening I’m now staring at a red LOS light again and a line fault has reoccurred. 

As Openreach is an agent I’m not even able to find out what the issue was before - and now I’m left in the same position. 

Is there a second or third line support number I can contact to get this issue resolved?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 1 of 67

Morning,

I understand and thanks for confirming. If you don't hear from the CEO Complaint team by the end of today then please let us know.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 67

The line has been synced since late Friday 22nd. I still have an open CEO complaint, telephone support said CEO office would call me on Saturday between 12-2 PM, assuring me that they won't miss that call. Nobody called me this weekend.

As it stands the connection has been active till now, long may it continue. I am still pursuing my complaint due the large outage timeframe.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 67

Morning Scone86,

We've re-checked the Openreach fault ticket and we have received an update to advise that the fault has been cleared. I've checked the connection stats and it now shows connected and in sync. Have you now been able to connect ok since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 67

They should probably think about changing the banner slogan of 24/7.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 67

There don't appear to have been any staff replies since around 2pm on the forum, @Scone86.

Sadly not back before Monday now. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 67

Any updates? We are approaching the weekend for yet another week.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 67

I spoke with TalkTalk telephone support and they relayed that it is in fact an issue with a ground cable (can you confirm?), and that OR is still investigating. They also provided me with the case number should I need to escalate this with them.

It's likely that due to lack of understanding that the case notes are being misunderstood by TalkTalk support, which is why I've asked on more than one occasion to speak to an engineer.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 67

Thanks. Are you able to provide me with all the OR case numbers to date so I have a record? I may need them.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 67

Hi Scone86

I can only apologise. They have assured me that they are investigating so we will have to wait for their updates now.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 67

Why do they keep having to reopen the investigation? Clearly something isn’t being resolved correctly. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 67

Hi Scone86

I've been advised that the fault is being investigated by Openreach again today. I spoke to Openreach this morning to confirm this.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 67

Can we escalate this further? I've contacted Openreach executive infrastructure complaints lead Richard Powely regarding this today. The lack of clarity and considerable downtime has been unacceptable. 4 separate occasions Openreach have claimed to have resolved this.

FIX IT!

P.S “We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year”

you’re not.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 67

There is no change in service. The LOS light is still red. I have no connection. Please ask them what they are doing that makes them think they are resolving the problem, as this is getting ridiculous.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 67
0 Likes

Message 15 of 67

Due to not having a reliable connection, I've had to work away from home. I will test later today and report back.

The fact they keep claiming the issue is resolved and then it reoccurs really is quite discerning, though.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 16 of 67

The Openreach desk agent has confirmed the the fault has been cleared. Could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. If there's then still no service I'll reject the clear and pass it back to Openreach for further investigation

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 67

Thanks, any insight would be greatly appreciated. The inability to clear the fault successfully doesn't instil confidence.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 67

The note for the previous fault just say that the fault is linked to Openreach infrastructure event, FTTP port down. Our Future Fibre team have said that it needs logging back to Openreach but it appears that the initial fault is still open

I'm going to check with an Openreach desk agent to get some clarification about what's going on. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 67

Any update, please?

I will repeat this part in capitals as I've asked several times within the last week.

PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH THE CASE DETAILS SO I CAN BETTER UNDERSTAND WHY I AM NOT RECEIVING THE SERVICE I AM PAYING FOR.

AS THE ISSUE WAS RESOLVED, PLEASE PROVIDE DETAILS ON WHY THE FAULT HAS REOCCURED WITHIN LESS THAN 24 HOURS

Thank you! 🙂

0 Likes

Message 20 of 67

I'm sorry but we do have to initially go through basic diagnostics even if the issue appears to be the same as a previous issue.

Chris

0 Likes