cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

FTTP LOS issue down for days and reoccurring issue

Scone86
Team Player
Private Message
Message 67 of 67

Have been a customer for 4 years and not had an issue, however, I was left without broadband for a week recently waiting for Openreach to fix a line fault. This evening I’m now staring at a red LOS light again and a line fault has reoccurred. 

As Openreach is an agent I’m not even able to find out what the issue was before - and now I’m left in the same position. 

Is there a second or third line support number I can contact to get this issue resolved?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 21 of 67

This morning, I attempted to reach telephone support once again. However, they insisted that I perform basic diagnostics despite me not being on the premises and unable to access my connection. At this point, I believe we have gone beyond the need for basic diagnostics. I require someone who can provide me with insight into the issue and resolve it permanently.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 67

OK thanks. I've passed this back to our Future Fibre team for investigation. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

Message 23 of 67

The LOS light is red, it's the same fault.

Does Talk Talk not have any elevated support? Clearly, there is an active fault on the line that Openreach engineers are struggling to rectify successfully. 

P.S kindly refrain from requesting basic diagnostics from me. The problem is external and requires prompt attention.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 67

Hi Scone86,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems again. Could you tell me which lights are on, on the ONT

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 67

ITS GONE DOWN AGAIN!!!!!

Please resolve this issue within the next 24 hours and send me a detailed report of the case notes, including the actions taken and the events that have occurred. Failure to do so will result in me switching to Virgin Media. Thank you. 

Instead, I would appreciate it if I could speak directly with an engineer. I am experiencing significant issues that are impacting both my income and my quality of life, and I would prefer to receive clear, concise answers directly from someone who can help.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 67

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear this and I will keep an eye on your connection for a few days just to ensure that everything looks ok. The fault was linked to a larger incident which Openreach were working to restore and it looks like it was related to FTTP ports.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 27 of 67

I’ve returned home and confirm that I have access and the LOS fault light has cleared. If you’re able to provide me with the case details I’d like to better understand why I was left without access for a week. I will report back later this evening to confirm the line is still in sync.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 67

Good afternoon,

The team have just come back to me and advised that the line is now in sync. Are you now able to connect? I've also asked them to confirm what the fault was and if it has been fully resolved this time.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 29 of 67

Please let them know they can leave a voicemail if trying to contact me directly rather than via email or text as signal coverage is not good in this area.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 67

Hi,

It was confirmed by the team this morning that they are looking into this now so you should hopefully receive a call from the team soon. They may contact me again first, if they do then I'll post back here straight away.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 31 of 67

Yes, please escalate.

I need a concise answer and resolution to this. There's clearly a huge issue here and I'm being left in the dark. I work in and around the industry so whilst not a telenetwork engineer I'm more than capable of connecting the dots and would like to know why I've been without service for an entire week.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 67

Morning,

I'm really sorry that this fault is still ongoing. I've escalated this to our FTTP fault management team. As soon as they come back to me I will let you know but they also may contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 33 of 67

Service was restored around 10:30pm for an undetermined amount of time. When I woke up to try and catch up on workload at 3:00am it was off again.

another full week without service. But apparently I can’t or don’t need to speak to an engineer.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 67

Hello,

Consider I wouldn’t need to talk to an engineer if TalkTalk representatives would pass on the case notes or translate them in such a way that the customer knows what the problem is. So far I have been told,

“it’s part of a bigger problem”

”there’s a problem at the exchange”

“The fault has been resolved”
”they’re replacing [ground] cable”

0 Likes

Message 35 of 67

You cannot speak to an Openreach engineer directly, you need to go through your ISP as you are doing. The fault is clearly taking longer to fix than it should and I can totally understand your frustration. You will be entitled to automatic compensation as previously advised once this has been resolved. 

0 Likes

Message 36 of 67

After speaking with telephone support and pushing for an update I was told there’s an issue with cable being replaced and the case is still open.

A timeline of 48 hours was given. On top of the 160 hours I’ve already been waiting for a resolution. I’m glad I have documented this, to say I’m unimpressed is an understatement. I need to speak to an engineer directly. 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 67

Afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear that. My colleague has re-escalated this straight back to Openreach now and advised that the fault hasn't been resolved and we will post back as soon as they come back to us.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 38 of 67

Someone needs to provide me answers today or I'm moving to another provider. Unacceptable vague answers and no FTTP for a week is disgusting service.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 67

No, there is still a line fault. LOS light is still red. I’ve powered down everything and retried. Nothing has been resolved.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 67

Hi Scone86

Openreach have advised that the fault has cleared. If you still can't connect then please can you power down the ONT for 30 minutes and test again?

Thanks

0 Likes