cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

FTTP LOS issue down for days and reoccurring issue

Scone86
Team Player
Private Message
Message 67 of 67

Have been a customer for 4 years and not had an issue, however, I was left without broadband for a week recently waiting for Openreach to fix a line fault. This evening I’m now staring at a red LOS light again and a line fault has reoccurred. 

As Openreach is an agent I’m not even able to find out what the issue was before - and now I’m left in the same position. 

Is there a second or third line support number I can contact to get this issue resolved?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 41 of 67

It would certainly help in case the problem occurs again. Have just arrived home and still LOS is red. If not resolved tomorrow not sure what I am going to do. Will need to consider going back to copper.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 67

Hi,

It doesn't specifically say what the cause of the fault is. I'll see if I can find out. Hopefully the fault will be fully resolved by tomorrow. Apologies again.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 43 of 67

IMO, given that OpenReach is saying it's part of a bigger issue, it sounds like someone has gone through a cable. The fact that Swish Fibre contractors are in the area now and have already gone through a water main and cables in neighbouring areas supports this theory.

These companies need to be held accountable for property damage.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 67

Hi,

I'm really sorry. Openreach advised us that the fault is linked to a bigger outage that they are still working to resolve. We'll continue to keep chasing Openreach for updates.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 45 of 67

I'd spoken to telephone support on Saturday and they claimed the issue is at the exchange. I've made a formal complaint, as this kind of downtime is unacceptable. I've been monitoring local reports and other users seem to have been reconnected some days ago, all with various suppliers other than TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 67

Morning,

We've made contact with Openreach directly this morning and they have advised that there engineers are still working to resolve this fault and the targeted fix date is 19/09. We'll check this again tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Scone86
Team Player
Private Message
Message 47 of 67

As expected it appears I’ll be without a connection for the weekend. Not impressed.

0 Likes

Message 48 of 67

A few local reports in the area of service coming back online. No such luck hear according to the fault tracker.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 67

Afternoon,

I've re-checked and no additional updates. Openreach are still working on resolving the fault.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 50 of 67

Hello,

I've just checked the fault again to see if there has been any more updates but it's still with Openreach. I will intermittently keep checking this throughout the day.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 51 of 67

I’m aware of whom it will affect, if I wasn’t I wouldn’t be trying to contact OR lol

0 Likes

Message 52 of 67

After it's resolved, @Scone86, you should receive some compensation:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

The same outage will affect any ISP using Openreach and can't be avoided with any of these companies. The Ts&Cs explain the limits of Talktalk's responsibilities, which you agreed to when you signed up as a customer. They can be found in the link at the foot of the page.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 53 of 67

I’ve been informed that the cabinet on the local high-street has had Issues for weeks. The problem is the OR engineers do not tend to talk to one another.

Last time I was unable to speak to anyone at OR because they expect you to go through the provider, however, it needs stressing that as things stand, I’m not willing to pay for a service that has 5 day outages at a time. 

We are quickly approaching the weekend and I will be left without service. As someone who works from home this is debilitating.

0 Likes

Message 54 of 67

Morning,

I've re-checked the fault ticket and there are no additional updates as yet other than the fault is still in progress with Openreach at the moment and is part of a bigger fault. I will continue to intermittently check for more updates and will post back here.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 55 of 67

Hi,

I understand, hopefully that won't happen and Openreach will manage to fully resolve this fault for you. If not then we can escalate this further.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 56 of 67

Thank you. I'm just concerned that given my FTTP has been rock stable, these issues will now keep reoccurring due to a form of temporary fix.

0 Likes

Message 57 of 67

Hi,

It doesn't say specifically what the root cause is but there may be more info tomorrow. I'll check first thing and will post back here.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 58 of 67

Thanks, I've heard reports from separate OR engineers that Swish Fibre are having contractors lay cable in the area which has been causing havoc including cutting through cable and bursting water mains. Are you able to confirm if this is the same fault as previously?

0 Likes

Message 59 of 67

Hello again,

I can see that the fault is raised with Openreach and they are investigating/working to resolve the fault at the moment. It looks like this is related to an outage and should hopefully be resolved by 18/09. I'll check the fault again first thing in the morning and will post with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 60 of 67

Hello,

Thank you. We're taking a look now and I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes