cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre upgrade

trying2
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Free upgrade to full fibre with digital voice..  My sagecom hub  is not Hub 2  so no port for telephone?   Does the cityfibre bring a new hub 2 ?  it's being installed tomorrow 16th  August .. I only just spotted on today's email  that I will have to 'plug phone into green socket' ... But I don't have a green socket ?  presume they will supply a new hub 2 ? 

JH
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 2 of 18

Thanks Arne... I've been on holiday, and icloud rewards sent a mail  wanting to know order number and other details, as they know nothing about the free voucher.. ..   Of course I got no order number as it's a freebie for accepting the free upgrade. 
I think I'll ignore the icloud email and do as you say .. wait until 90 days has passed .. ?

JH
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi trying2

It can be received anytime between 45 and 90 days 

Keep checking your spam/junk folders.

trying2
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

I was just about to start a topic on the free £25 voucher, which was awarded for accepting the free full fibre/ voice  upgrade.. It says to wait 45 days  before asking where it is . Anyhow,  Full fibre upgrade was installed  on 16th August 2023.. so i sent query  to the icloud help yesterday ..They just replied  and  now it seems I have to wait 90 days ...  not the 45 as stated  on emails from full fibre ..  Oh well .. save it for christmas lol .. 

JH
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Message 6 of 18

Glad to see you are sorted. Peeps on copper FTTC getting more than 80 meg are few and far between, G.fast enabled cabinets only from which you have to be no more than a couple of hundred metres at most. And of course those services will no longer exist when the copper network is eventually shut down. So consider yourself future-proofed as well as with better speeds than you could ever achieve before. 🙂

Message 7 of 18

Hi Arne..  All working .. the phone too  . As mentioned. above  No router arrived by post  but the engineers had some which meant I just had to call talk talk to register it or whatever with tt help .. But all good and working well .. the 75 mbps. is very welcome   after 18mbps on copper . 
Overall I'm pleased I now have full fibre from street  and digital voice for the same price as my  speed of 18mbps ... Though the range still gives poor wifi  in the garden ..  but hey ho  ..   Thanks. TT ..  

Ps I thinks peeps on copper and getting good speeds more that 77 mbs should read the  fact that this free upgrade gives guarantee of 77 mbps only .. I think ... 
Thanks TT   

JH
0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hub works fine. 75mbps which is awesome after 16--18 mbps with copper .. So far so good..   🙂

JH

Message 10 of 18

Hi Ferguson.  the engineers were surprised  I hadn't received a hub 2 through post .. They left me with A talkTalk hub 2 but I have to contact talktalk help now to get the TALKTALK  firmware .. Then I can unplug my old  and connect to new hub ... having a cuppa before I attempt to contact and make this Hub work on TT .. 🥸

JH

Message 11 of 18

Phoned TT fibre  and they say engineers will bring any necessary equipment .. .. when they turn up. 😛 

JH
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

They haven't turned up yet   🙂 .. says between 8/ 1.00 pm .. waiting game.   😞

JH
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Did they bring a suitable router?

Message 14 of 18

Oh Blimey.. thanks for that .
Unfortunately cityfibre say they are coming  8 AM  16th August . It's the Free upgrade package saying digital voice included as they will take away copper  connection .
It mentions In the first Email that they will bring a box if required.
I noticed other areas they say 'the hub will be sent before the day',  as you mentioned .so guess will have to see what happens tomorrow. 
The landline and number is needed. As hospital use the landline to contact wife frequently  regarding her cancer treatments .. 
Many thanks for input .

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 17.08.10.png

JH
0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

The installer will bring nothing more than the equipment required to connect you up to full fibre, including an ONT. If you have specifically signed up to a package which includes a digital voice service then TalkTalk should supply the necessary router and/or adapter. I have escalated this to the support team here for you, but it may be better if you contact the Full Fibre support team directly using the chat link towards the bottom of the page here.  They will be open again from 8:00am in the morning.

Message 16 of 18

Oh Ok .. thanks for reply .. Hmm wonder if they will bring one. like it says on the cartoon vid ..   ?  I accepted and confirmed the offer over a week or so ago .. then a sms came and new email last Wednsday saying they hadn't heard from me .. duhh. I confirmed again and looks like they are coming in morning.
Oh well see what happens AM   Thanks for input. 

JH
0 Likes

MrBear2022
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

My free upgrade came with a new hub with a piece of tape over the telephone socket. Mine was sent out in advance of th install so I'm surprised that yours hasn't been.