cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre upgrade, a tale of woe.

ACCOBRA
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

City Fibre were in the area laying full fibre cables and when they partnered with TT we took the plunge. We naively thought the service would be better. It wasn’t. WiFi coverage through the house was poor with only 7mbs upstairs. It was much better with the old copper cables. Our contract expired on 31st August so we were advised to upgrade to FF150 which would increase the speed generally throughout the house. It hasn’t. To add insult to injury the underground City Fibre cables for which I had my lawn dug up for some reason could not be used (explanation mods please) and I had to wait 3 weeks for an Open Reach appointment to replace the overhead cable. Now comes the really galling bit. Our broadband was disconnected on 1st September at the end of our old contract and we were left without WiFi for 3 weeks. Unfortunately this coincided with O2 our 4G provider replacing a local mast so had no alternative during that period. Why were we disconnected? Constant calls which take an average of one to two hours have not resolved our poor coverage. I escalated to a complaint and requested a phone call back to discuss. Guess what? I’m still waiting. I feel as though we were mis-sold. I regret that I’ve been forced to air these grievances on this forum but I’ve given up literally hours of my life being transferred an average of 3 times. I’m not getting any younger and my time is precious! 

38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

I’ve read their help article which doesn’t really help so I will have to contact them. Here we go again! 😞

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

Sorry I don't know why they are not pairing, have you tried contacting the eero support team via that app, they should be able able to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

It doesn’t really help tbh. I’m aware of most things in that article even down to siting the two Eeros close together initially to get them to pair which didn’t work. The problem is I can’t get them to pair before I can decide the best location for it. We need to focus on this to move forward I think. Is it something to do with the fact I used the replacement you sent as the gateway Eero and that is now preventing pairing? I’ve replaced the gateway one with the original now. Can a hard reset be done? Although there is the option to delete the gateway Eero there is not that option on the app to do this on the secondary one. Just an option to Block this device. Somehow I feel I need to start from fresh as if it was straight out of the box and not recognised before.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Hi ACCOBRA,

Can you take a look at the following help article and let us know if it helps - About Total Home Wi-Fi - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 39

I think we’ve proved with the exception of one occasion the speed at the primary Eero connected to the ONT is 150mps but is dropping off in other areas of the house hence my request to focus on getting the second Eero working. If you can suggest ways of achieving this I would be grateful. I do need to now do other things but will follow any advice later. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

Hi,

The ONT is the box installed on the wall by the engineer. Testing wired at the ONT just makes sure that the speeds coming into the property are correct. If the wired speeds are ok then we know that this is only affecting the wireless so we can then focus on this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

What’s the ONT? But I haven’t got the capability of wired tests. However, we’re in danger of going backwards I think. This is an ongoing issue and been covered before by your colleagues. The problem seems to be one of poor range and I was hoping a 2nd Eero might improve and confirm this. Could we focus on getting this working please? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Hello,

Ok thank you. Have you also tried all the steps below too? Are the speeds still ok if you run a wired speed test at the ONT, it's just the wireless speeds which are low?

Slow speeds on your eero network - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Yes I have and it seems quite straightforward until the Eero doesn’t behave as it should. Firstly it wasn’t recognised with Bluetooth on and in range then wouldn’t pair. The step by step instructions are actually very good and easy to follow. What do you suggest next? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

Hi,

Can I just confirm, have you seen the below help guide?

Add or remove eeros from your network - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 39

Here is what happened. The main Eero is in the hall. I put the second Eero on the landing on top of the stairs so no obstructions in between. The two can “see” each other. No more than 5m apart. Firstly the Eero wasn’t recognised and I had to put the serial number in. Then it couldn’t find the primary Eero and was asking for it to be placed in a different position. I tried several other bedrooms but to no avail. At this stage the replacement Eero had been put in the hall to test it and was still there so I replaced it with the original and repeated the process of pairing the replacement. Again it couldn’t be found and the serial number had to be entered and it wouldn’t pair from the top of the stairs to the hall as before. What else can I do please? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Morning,

Can I just confirm, how do the speeds compare if you connect both eeros together to create a wireless mesh?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

The replacement Eero has arrived so thanks for that. Before connecting it I thought it would be useful to do a back to back comparison in all rooms of the house. Each measurement was made using Fast and 2/3 measurements were taken each time to ensure consistency. A surprising finding was that the speed dropped to 30mps next to the Eero (measured several times consecutively) but returned to 150 when repeated at the end of all the other room measurements. This also occurred with the new Eero lounge measurement. Anyway I’ve attached the measurements and if you need anymore information please ask. 

IMG_7079.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 15 of 39
0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

Ok will do. Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Sorry didn’t notice that when I sent it so thanks for removing. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Hi ACCOBRA,

OK, I've checked this and it says final price zero so you shouldn't be charged, it appears that the notification was sent in error. If for some reason you are still charged just let me know and I'll credit it back

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

Sorry about this, let me look into it, you shouldn't have been charged. (Could you remove the screen shot from your previous post as it's showing your account number)

Chris

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 20 of 39

Please see attachment. 

[image removed as contains personal information]

0 Likes