cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 150 Free Upgrade

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I was offered it in August but was close to contract end- wasn't sure if was staying with talktalk. I have now renewed my fibre 65 and the free 150 FTTP upgrade has returned.

Just wanting to clarify do I still have the option to ask for the HUB2 that comes with the phone socket. I do not want the Eero. It will be done with City Fibre.

Also will they remove the then redundant copper cable from the pole across the road to my house. On a previous phone chat with city fibre they said that the new FTTP cable would be overhead from the same pole. 

I dont want 2 overhead cables to my house, the current one is attached via a good fixture (eye loop)  in the wall at bedroom height can they use that.  

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

@Karl-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi

The EERO will be provided with higher tier packages and the Hub2 should be provided with the 150 service.

Karl. 

Thanks for clearing that one up anyway Karl

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thanks for clarifying. It all sounds like its going to look a bit of a mess with 2 cables going to my house. Might not even bother as I get on fine with fibre 65. 

Problem is stopping the pestering from Talktalk/city fibre with "we have booked you in for x date" "please confirm or change" but with no option to refuse - only carry on round and round with the change date option but then not confirming it.   

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

Openreach cannot be specifically arranged to remove a line, they would only do this when they were removing old infrastructure in an area.

As to the City fibre Install, I do not think they will have the option to remove the line officially.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 11

Thanks.

When you say discuss with the sales team - firstly its a free upgrade and also last time I was getting calls/texts  saying "Hi its talktalk" but turns out its not talktalk its City fibre and I am not convinced that communication is reliable between them.

Do talktalk send me the new Hub 2 prior or do City fibre bring it with them.

0 Likes

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Thanks again Karl.

You say they "may" not remove it and also Open reach "May" come and remove it at some point in the future. So is it an absolute no no that city can not touch it - or is it that the city fibre fitter might remove it.  

And how do I get open reach to remove it - and would they charge me - its all a bit vague.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

The EERO will be provided with higher tier packages and the Hub2 should be provided with the 150 service.

You can discuss this more with the sales teams when you place the order.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Also how do I ensure that I get the Hub 2 with VOI and not the standard Eero. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi

If it is a City Fibre install,they may not remove the copper line and it may need to wait for Openreach to remove this at some point in the future.

Until the engineer attends and makes an assessment as to where the cable will be routed, it is difficult to say where the fixing points will be.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Thanks Carl.

But would it make a difference - was your install by Open reach because I have read on here conflicting posts that say the old cable belongs to open reach and so City fibre can not touch it.

I also do not want them drilling unnecessary new holes and fixing points as the old EYE fixing is perfectly fine and in the best position. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi

You can have the Wi-Fi Hub with fibre 150.

Also, if the copper line is no longer used,it can be removed.  My Fibre is delivered via the pole, and the engineer removed the copper line at install.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips