cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre (City fibre) and a Netgear D7000 router

PaulJo
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hello everyone

Just wondering if anyone has managed to configure their own Router (particularly the Netgear D7000) for use with CityFibre FTTP and is willing to share what they have configured over and above the default config.

I've tried a Netgear SkyHawk D7000 and D7000v2 and neither will connect - but the Talk Talk Supplied Router does work.  TT Support have also said that they don't actively block the connection of non-TT Routers.

I have configured the following, which as far as I can see matches what is specified on https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

WAN Preference – Must use Ethernet WAN (which greys out Transfer Mode)

Use VLANID – 101

Priority – 0

Does your Internet connection require a login – No

MTU – 1500

DNS / IP Address – Set by default as get automatically from ISP

Am I missing something?  Any help appreciated, thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

OK thanks. I'm sorry but we can't really help with this, perhaps other community members may have managed to resolve a similar problem can offer some assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

No, it's my own Grandstream.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Did we supply the Grandstream?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hello

Telephony works fine when the phone is connected directly to the Talk Talk Router.  However, when I switch to the Netgear Router and connect the Grandstream I get a dial tone but can't make or receive calls.

Thanks

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Glad to hear the Netgear is working now. Everything looks OK at our end regarding VoIP. Are you unable to make or receive calls?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

I should add, the Grandstream has been factory reset, upgraded to the latest firmware and left connected directly to the ONT for several hours.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Thanks Chris.  Looks like the key was to remove the VLANID = 101

Now that the Netgear rRouter is up and running, is there any reason why a Grandstream HT801 will not pick up the Talk Talk VOIP Configuration?

Thanks

Paul.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 19
0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hello

I tried factory resetting the router and auto config would only allow me to proceed if I setup the connection with a user name and password -' which I believe doesn't apply to Full Fibre.  Also manually setup the router with the above settings and still unable to connect and get an IP Address.

Thanks

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

OK thanks. If you've altered the Netgear settings it may be worth resetting them to factory default settings and check to see if that makes any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hello

I've just tried the Netgear and it's still not connecting.

Thanks

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Paul,

How are you getting on?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

I'll make the change now

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

OK, I'll do it after 14:30 today 🙂

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi Chris

You can do it any time after 14:30 today or before 7 in the morning.

Thanks

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Paul,

The connection shouldn't be down for more than a couple of minutes but I can do it first thing tomorrow morning if you like (before 7am)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back to me.

Is it possible to schedule the change after 5 as my wife and I work from home and so don't want to loose our Internet Connection.

Will the change affect the TT Router or will I always have that to fall back on?

Thanks

Paul.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi PaulJo,

I can try making a change, I'm not sure it will fix the issue but I think it's worth a try. If you'd like me to do this please let me know (you internet connection may drop for a short time)

Chris

0 Likes