cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre installed but WiFi signal very weak

spurano
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

We had full fibre installed yesterday but all of us in the house have terrible WiFi connectivity on our phones. We are having to use our mobile data!  Never, ever had this issue with our previous Talk Talk router.  My question is....Talk Talk has created this issue (possibly by installing the full fibre in a different room than our previous router)...do they send out WiFi boosters for free or do we have to buy our own??  Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 12

Hi @spurano 

I see that you have two threads open for the same problem. This will lead to confusion, so I will move the other one out of the way where I started to help you.

When you get the WiFi Booster that @Karl-TalkTalk has sent you, if you need any help with that, just let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 12

Hi,

possibly Monday.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Karl...many thanks....any idea when it might arrive??

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

had a look at your wifi, cant see any localised interference, and no transmit or receive errors showing for either channel, so all looks ok in general.

I've a wifi booster on the way to you, so place this mid way when it arrives, and see if this gives any improvement.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 12

I've added details in the private notes section....can't find a FTTP order number anywhere

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

So that I can locate your account on our system and pick this issue up for you, please can you add your Account number or Home phone number to your 'Community Profile'.

If you are a Full Fibre customer, please add your FTTP reference or FTTP order Number to your profile.

If you have difficulty providing the above information, please add the Account Holders name, House number and postcode to the Private Notes section that is located at the bottom of your 'Community Profile'

Thanks  

Karl.   

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi.... thanks.  Bit tricky to answer.

Distance to most devices has now increased.  But the distance to our dining TV (smart TV) is actually about the same.....only now, the WiFi signal is terrible....lots of buffering that we never got before.  Although the distance to that TV is about the same there is only 1 wall to travel through whereas previously there were 2 walls.....but it worked 100% previously!  House is 2 levels.  All our downstairs walls are solid.  All upstairs walls are plasterboard walls. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi

is the distance from your devices increased, do you just have the standard plasterboard walls in the property, and how many levels are there ?

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi ... it's a Sagencom 5464

0 Likes

spurano
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi ...Sagencom 5464

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, which router are you currently using please? (make and model)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes