cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How can I make 2.4ghz visible when setting up devices on Eero

Eero_Queries
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 33

Hi. I am new to the blog.  I am trying to set up some 2.4ghz devices and I have done this before but it has been a little ad-hoc by having to use an extender.  Before I temporarily disable 5ghz, the SSID is visible, however when I temporarily disable 5ghz there is no visible wifi network to connect to, therefore without using the ad-hoc method mentioned above (which I don't want to use as it has its own issues), I have no wifi network to connect to.  Is there any way to make this visible or have I inadvertently switched something off on the Eero App? 

It is has been so irritating and I just want to be able to setup my devices seamlessly.

Also, will I have to run this process every time if I unplug a 2.4ghz device such as a baby cam which is on 2.4ghz?   

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 33

You're very welcome @Eero_Queries.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 33

Hi Eero_Queries

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

It's possible that the previous router became faulty.

Thanks for your help @KeithFrench 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 33

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Sorry for the delayed response on this. New Eero received and all setup on new unit which was a lot simpler than expected.  The new Eero was broadcasting the 2.4GHz band mode which meant I was able to set up all my 2.4GHz devices.  The old device was returned.

Thank you for everyone's help on this and in particular I'd like to thank @KeithFrench for picking up my initial enquiry.

It would be interesting to know why it had stopped broadcasting the 2.4GHz band however I expect it will never be known.     

Message 4 of 33

Good morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

Message 5 of 33

Hello,

Great thank you. We'll check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 33

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Yes it arrived thanks.

I will be checking out over the weekend.

Best regards

Message 7 of 33

Morning,

How are you getting on? Has this arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 8 of 33

Ok thanks.

Message 9 of 33

Just ignore that, it's automatically sent for some reason but you won't be charged. 

Chris

Message 10 of 33

@Chris-TalkTalk 

Thank you.

On another note, since you have requested this I have received an email to say my broadband package has changed which it hasn't and that I am to be charged for a new Eero unit which I will not be.  Can you please see the screenshot and explain.

Eero Charge.png
0 Likes

Message 11 of 33

Hi Eero_Queries

I've ordered a replacement eero and returns bag, they should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Yes please if that is the only option left.

What do you need from me to make it happen?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 33

Morning,

Ok I see. Would you like us to send a replacement eero for testing purposes just to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 33

Yes if this is what you mean and they link to TT webpages.

Screenshot_20240105_155618_eero.jpg

0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

Hi Eero_Queries

Have you gone on the eero app for the support section?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 33

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I checked out the links but the go to TalkTalk Webpages. So should I contact through there? 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 33

Thanks @KeithFrench 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 33

There can be problems with IoT devices if the apps that control them are badly written. I have no idea if that is the case with the ones you are using. This is why when connecting new devices on an Eero, you have to temporarily stop the 5GHz band altogether in the Eero app.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 19 of 33

Hi Eero_Queries

Thanks for your reply.

If you follow the trouble shooting steps in the app then there should be an option to contact eero for further support.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 33

@KeithFrench @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Hello both.  Thank you for your responses.  I thought I would try a number of the same Tapo plugs to make sure it wasn't anything else that was causing the issue although setting up is through my phone so I checked it wasn't my phone with something disable on that ,(which usually happens when you turn everything off when your phone is roaming abroad), I then checked 2 other phones in the household, one Samsung and an iPhone just to rule things out.

I also removed the HomePlug to see if that might have caused the issue and I force closed the Eero app on my phone as well as clearing the cache on it. I force closed the app when I was in 2.4GHz mode which when I opened the app back up I expected not to be able to connect to it however it connected straight away and I was still in 2.4GHz mode which I couldn't figure out why! 

I really didn't want to have to set up everything again by getting a new router (which is pretty poor as I have only had it for about 18 months), however I don't think I have a choice do I?  As I got the router from TalkTalk then this is where I came for advice and I haven't contacted Eero directly.  Do you think that would be worthwhile first?

0 Likes