cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How to reset landline to FTTP?

portlandboy
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

We had full fibre installed today and have a landline connected via a Digital Voice adapter. 

Just before he left, the OR engineer said "Whateve you do, don't turn off the power supply for the fibre box or you'llhaveto re-register your phone"

Within 2 hours I'd switched the power off and, as he said, the phone needs resetting. 

How is that done please? Is it possible to do it myself online,  or is it a TalkTalk fix?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Michelle, 

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is resolved!

I hadn't noticed that the mains power had been slightly disconnected from the phone base when it slipped as I was tidying all the cables (and I turned off the mains power at the same time 🤦‍)

Once I had the phone powered up, the whole setup worked without requiring any resetting at all.

So, all is good now thanks. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Morning,

Is the DVA currently connected? What lights are currently on the DVA?

Can you try the following, plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes