cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Installed and working for 3 days then abruptly cut off and order cancelled

MattB5
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

We had City Fibre do the install on Fri 3rd Feb, I set up router via app and added devices that evening when back from work.  All working great over the weekend. Mon 6th Feb - internet goes off, no warning, no communication.  After much contact with TT, was advised my order had been rejected but adviser had no info as to why.  Could only suggest I make a new order.  A bit of a head scratcher, got all the kit, internet connection solid but then bang, someone had flicked the off switch it seems.  I'm currently in a complaint process nightmare with TT with what seems a common problem on the forum, never given an account number and the order number doesn't seem to cut it so they can't find my details.  Would be great to find out what happened and why? And to get the service back on.  Surely if I had been using it for 2/3 days no issue that is more than an order? A real puzzle, hope someone can help as I'm in limbo. (Fortunately my existing BT service was not cut off so at least I can use that in the meantime). Thanks. Matt.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Unfortunately I cannot find any account information , ive searched by post code/ name , there are no accounts under your name or address. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Arne

Thanks. I've added details as requested. 

I had 2 emails from TT in January about the package confirmation and install. I then had a few visits from City Fibre to pull cable and install the equipment. I separately received the router by courier. So quite a few different people must have known who I am and where, at some stage of this.  All under instruction of TT. 

I also had a few calls with TT  and my info was found via the order number, address and mobile number.

Good luck and thanks in advance. 

Matt

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi MattB5

Do you have any account information at all?  

You could add your full address to the private notes in your community profile and I can see if I can find an account that way. 

Thanks 

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @MattB5 your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.