cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrade to full fibre not active

keff77
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

I was contacted by TalkTalk to upgrade to full fibre. This was installed today but since then I've had no internet. The router is flashing red and the old connection no longer works.

Both my wife and I work from home so this is impacting us greatly. The letter indicated this would be seemless but it has been far from that.

Should the switch off of copper and on of fibre not be sequential so there's no loss of service?

I'm assuming the old router is compatible as we didn't receive a new one from CityFibre.

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

The internet has now started working. Not sure if it's through this chat or the numerous complaints to the online chat, but it's now sorted. Thank you if you assisted 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

It doesn't say anything on it. I believe it's the Sagemcom 5364 from googling it. I've attached a picture if it helps.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Thanks for that, could you just let me know the make and model of your router?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Many thanks. I've updated the address in the private notes section.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

OK thanks, could you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Chris,

The service was installed by CityFibre. We've spoken to them and they've confirmed that there is nothing left to complete on their side.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi keff77,

Could I just ask, was your service installed by Openreach or City Fibre?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Ok down to TT to resolve this one then.

Message 10 of 14

I have checked the set up and it's all as per the instructions.

I'm not getting a signal on the laptop using the ethernet straight in to the ONT.

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

Ok that’s the same as mine and looks good.  

Router is fine. Have you plugged the Ethernet from the ONT in to the WAN port of the Hub. If in doubt follow the instructions here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-your-Wi-Fi-Hub-2/ta-p/2791386

If still not working can you plug a laptop straight in to the ONT and see if you get a connection.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi,

All four lights are green on the ONT. I've attached pictures to see if it helps identify the model and error.

Thanks

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

What lights are on your ONT. Post a photograph of it as there are many variations.The ONT is not your router, just to be sure there is no confusion.

Also what is the model of router you have.

If all lights on the ONT are not green, try powering off the ONT and your router for 30 mins. Then power on you ONT, wait for all green lights then power on your router.

0 Likes