cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Internet cuts out every Sunday night just after midnight

coastertoaster
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Same issue as many others. Every Sunday evening (and occasionally, on other, random evenings), my internet drops just after midnight. The connection usually doesn't restore for more than an hour, which is incredibly inconvenient. I have tried calling with the only suggested solution being to have my router replaced (which I don't believe will make any difference).

I am unable to access the Homesafe/Security settings via the Hub, as there has been consistently showing a red "technical error" message for a number of weeks now.

Please advise & fix, otherwise I will simply move to another provider who will not cut off my connection.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

coastertoaster
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 27

Hi Debbie - these have now been added - thanks.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

Hi coastertoaster

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

coastertoaster
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 27

I should note also - all devices disconnect, including those physically connected via ethernet and WiFi. The Ring system is connected via WiFi.

0 Likes

coastertoaster
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 27

Hi Chris,

When the connection drops the router light remains white and the internal router login shows that it's still connected. All devices however disconnect, with the exception of my Ring Alarm system which remains connected throughout (I know this because if your connection drops on that it notifies me that it switches to mobile network backup). I find this very strange and it's extremely frustrating!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 27

Hi coastertoaster,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. When the connection drops do you lose connection on all devices at the same time? Does the light change on the  router?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 27

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?