cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New CityFibre full fibre installation - no WAN IP address allocated

BillCl
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

CityFibre installed a full fibre connection on 13/02/2022.  They left after plugging in the router and the ONT showed 4 green light.

Although the ONT shows 4 green lights the ethernet connection does not have a WAN IP address allocated.  

I have tested the connection using the TalkTalk supplied router (DG8041W), a TP-Link Deco and a Windows laptop.  All fail due to the lack of a WAN IP address.  The ONT has also been switched off for hours between connection attempts.

Browsing this forum shows this to be a common problem with CityFibre installs.  Do you, or CityFibre, need to configure your DHCP server to allocate an IP address to my new connection?  My TalkTalk account still shows my package as "Fibre 35".

The upgrade was instigated by TalkTalk as a 'free upgrade' so I do not have an order number.

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi KathKnight,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

SteveKnight-SW
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

I have the same problem! Can someone look at my customer profile and check the account is for fibre rather than ADSL as this was a simple solution I’ve seen elsewhere on here. Account can be found using my mobile phone number.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hello,

Thank you for confirming and we'll pick this up shortly.

Thanks

0 Likes

nicolanicola
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Hi, 

I've just started my own thread about this issue, would someone be able to get In touch with me please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and I'm just sending you a short survey via a PM.

Thanks

BillCl
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

Hi Michelle,

All working now.

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 13

Hi,

Have you had a chance to retest to see if this is now working ok for you?

Thanks

Message 8 of 13

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the confusion. I've made a change now. Could you re-connect the TalkTalk router and let us know if there is any change in the next hour please.

Thanks

BillCl
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

Hi Chris,

What is the great news?  Will the solution from the other thread also fix my problm?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

That's great news Bill, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

BillCl
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Michelle,

I don't have an eero. I didn't get a new router as my existing TalkTalk supplied router (EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway) already has a WAN port. 

There are many examples of this failure to allocate a WAN IP address problem in this forum.  A solution is in in the post titled "CITY FIBRE INSTALLED GPON... NOW WHAT?" which I have extracted and pasted below.  The solution appears to have been a customer profile change by the Future Fibre team in Manchester.   

on ‎12-07-2022 09:09 PM

Message 6 of 52

on ‎12-07-2022 09:09 PM

Message 6 of 52

So there you have it! It was as simple as updating my customer profile from ADSL to Fibre. No cable problems, no ONT problems, no City Link problems, no router problems, no modify the van problem, nothing to do with my comb generating static or any of the other spurious nonsense spouted in the past three weeks. It was TalkTalk's inability to talk talk to TalkTalk.  I now have a working system. 

@Swagatha_Christie 

@MartinBarrettNottingham 
@Michelle-TalkTalk 

on ‎12-07-2022 04:57 PM

Message 7 of 52

Hi Michelle, I see that another customer suffering the same issues has had his problems resolved after a call from the FF team in Manchester. See message below. Can you please arrange for me to have a similar call?

@Swagatha_Christie 

@MartinBarrettNottingham 

"Re: City Fibre upgrade today

Yay - I have a WAN IP address up through the ONT on laptop plugged direct

which is a change that's just happened as it wasn't working at 1pm today.

Sarah from faults team in Manchester rang me and has changed my profile and worked through my setup and I can confirm I'm getting a public IP allocated and that Sarah can now ping my  laptop from her end."

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you followed all the steps in the below guide?

Setting up your eero | Future Fibre | TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes