cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Eero 6 pro wifi coverage is bad

Tez2012
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hello we got upgraded from Fibre 65 to full fibre 500 and the wifi coverage from the Eero 6 pro seems to very bad and much worse than the old routers.

We have 1 PC that is approx 10 ft away that gets full 500mbs connection - This is good.

We have a second PC that is slightly further but in same room that only gets 170mbs max but more concerning for me is the laptop upstairs which is still within 15ft from the Eero pro with just a thin wooden floor separating the room cannot get a signal which means I cannot even watch a 140p video because connection is weak and keep dropping. We didnt have this much of a wifi issue with the old talktalk routers.

Can anything be done about this ? as the Eero pro 6 is supposed to have superiour coverage.

No need for a community member to respond as I know it may take time for the talktalk team to respond. Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thank you Keith. I have started a new thread here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Upgrade-from-Landline-to-Fibre-500-w-Eero-coverage-is...

Your advice would be very welcome. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

James J
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Hi @Tez2012 

A lot will depend on the WiFi band that each device is using and the level of Wi-Fi interference that is present with which I can provide a lot of help with.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Hi @glide98 

I can offer the same help to you, but firest you must create your own thread. Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

glide98
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

I have just upgraded the same way. I am experiencing exactly the same issue you had. I chatted with support earlier and they said that stabalisation can take 1-2 weeks, but it is very frustrating to not be able to get any connection at all in the room directly above the gateway eero pro 6 (the one that came with the service upgrade). Can I ask you what your solution was in the end?

The whole point of upgrading to fibre was that previous service signal wasn't good enough to have decent video conference calls, so any work from home became difficult. Now it's terrible! If there is a stabilisation period then TalkTalk should communicate this clearly to customers. If I knew what to expect I would be OK, but being in the dark and then experiencing these issues and not being able to understand what is going on causes a lot of anxiety and wastes a lot of time. TalkTalk customer service should address this with clear comms to customers. 

Thanks

James J
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Tez2012,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Tez2012
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Hi, its mainly the devices upstairs which are still pretty close to the actual router, just above it (less than 15ft away). I have also packed the old router away along with anything else I thought may have played havoc with the Wifi coverage.

Edit: The signal seems almost none existent in the room above where the router is.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Are all devices losing the connection or just the one's furthest from the eero?

Thanks

0 Likes

Tez2012
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Michelle, just the one we received in the post for when Openreach installed the Full Fibre last Saturday. We lost our connection today too for 5 mins. Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

Just to confirm, how many eeros do you have?

Thanks

0 Likes