cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Hub doesn't broadcast a Wi-Fi signal

ProfessorPlum
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Recently I upgraded from an ADSL to FTTP connection (both via TalkTalk) along with a new TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2 which was supplied.  Only after the engineer left, we discovered that the hub wasn't broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal despite a solid white LED showing. The hub was rebooted and a factory reset was also performed via the Reset button - neither fixed the issue.

A PC was then wired to the hub to see what was going on. This confirmed the issue was specific to Wi-Fi because the internet connection and home phone worked okay. The Wi-Fi 'switch' is enabled within the hub's UI, but the status shows as Disabled (see attached screenshots - I've removed the SSID/password). Turning off/on the Wi-Fi via the toggle switch makes no difference to the status nor does changing other Wi-Fi settings such as the SSID name. The Technical Log makes reference to the Wi-Fi being activated/deactivated but nothing of substance to help diagnose the issue.

It's now been 4 days since this issue was originally logged with TalkTalk Support who have not been able to resolve the problem - and overall it's been a very distressing experience trying to get help with this hence this post. 

I would definitely appreciate any advice/support with this issue! TIA.

disabled wifi 2.jpegdisabled wifi 1.jpeg
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

I'll get a replacement router out to you with a returns bag for the faulty unit, to see if this helps.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.