cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No wifi

JennyR
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

I am currently connected on my iPad to the hot spot on my phone.  My talktalk wifi will not connect to anything (weak security on iPhone 15 pro max iOS 17.4.1 or my iPad)  and has also disconnected all my wildlife cameras, Alexa up and downstairs, etc etc. so many devices are not working. There is no wifi connecting even 3 metres from the router.  The Ethernet connections are fine.

i have been told various things via chat - one stating that the talktalk t-link extender has an error although that cannot be the only problem.  They promised a new extender on the 3rd June. If that is the problem then why have I not received it.  

I spoke to various chat people yesterday for TW0 HOURS, only to be told eventually by one of them that talktalk has run out of extenders. What a waste of time and effort.

Please help as this is just not a good ‘full fibre’ service. What is going on?

I cannot live without a consistent fast broadband service, can somebody sort this out, please.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi keith

i have been trying to save the ‘snipping tool’ screen shots on my laptop.  They are not automatically being saved or there is no option to save it.  Any ideas.

also - tonight the wifi came back for about an hour - with quite a strong signal!!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Hi @JennyR 

Please, PM the screenshots to me, to protect your privacy, do not put them in your thread, as anyone can see them. Hence why I have removed it from your post.

Please make sure that NetSpot is maximised before taking any screenshots & use the Insert Photos with the Size parameter set to large.

Please read the instructions again in my guide on how to use Netspot. You have not set the Select All option, so only your networks will be shown. Please also get all of the other screenshots that I have requested.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

JennyR
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 3 of 16

Hope this is better

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 16

Hi @JennyR 

Photos are no good I am afraid, they must be screenshots. I assume that you are using Windows, then please use the snipping tool within Windows to get them.

To see the device listing in Advanced settings go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings

It will appear in the Ethernet section:-

Adv settingsAdv settings

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

JennyR
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 5 of 16

Hope you can see the attached

screen photo of just by one of them cameras

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Just sent one image - now going to cameras

Jenny

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

I was just able to connect the cameras one by one - signal showed 77% to 98% depending on location. I didn’t connect them to the extender in. Networks but I presumed the extender was helping the connection because I was able to watch bluetits lay and hatch her eggs and the hedgehogs but currently not able to connect anything.

i shall do some screenshots from the wifi analyser.

0 Likes

JennyR
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

Hi

where would I find the extender in Manage Advanced Settings?

would it show in Guest Access

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 16

I need to work out what has failed.

• Should the cameras connected to the extender or the Sagemcom?
  • Does the Extender appear as a device in the Sagemcom's Advanced settings page?

Can you PM me some screenshots from the WiFi analyser somewhere near the cameras? No, I don't expect you to get a ladder out & take your phone up to the eaves of your house! Just from somewhere outside should do. You will have to remind me of your network name as well.

Keith

0 Likes

JennyR
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Hello

yes it is the talktalk brand.

i have checked the router and the settings show they are correct for 2.4ghz and 5ghz on tve Sagemcom router. 

wifi has connected up to 10. Metres away since last night but nothing just outside the back door so no streaming or cameras outside.

i am not sure if the extender is on the same electric ring circuit as the router.

i have reset the extender and it hasn’t made any difference

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 16

Hi @JennyR 

I assume that the D-Link is the TalkTalk branded extender. This has a bug in it that whilst there might seem like a WiFi connection to your devices, very low speeds can be achieved through it. It's Ethernet port will still be fine. All you can try is to reboot it. Does the extender connect to a power point that is on a different electrical ring circuit to the one at the router end?

Keith

0 Likes

JennyR
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

It is a Sagemcom Fast 5464 router and extender D-Link DHP-W610AV

It is now nearly 11pm and WiFi has just automatically connected on my iPhone and iPad and the warning of ‘weak security’ has disappeared- does that mean that something has been adjusted talktalk end??

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 16

Hi @JennyR 

That is why I really need to see some analyser screenshots so that I can hopefully see what is happening. Please can you tell me, or PM me, what router and TP-Link extender you have?

Keith

0 Likes

JennyR
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Hi Keith

Thank you for reply.

Things seem to have settled after receiving the t/link extender, I connected my four wifi wildlife cameras and all my other devices and although there were a few disconnections, they were mostly working fine.

Then wifi got worse and everything started to disconnect and on the 3rd June I was told that the extender was showing an error and they promised to send a new and upgraded one.

Since 3rd June WiFi signal has only reached approx 3 metres from the router. So I have had no wifi in the rest of the house for most of my devices. I really don’t understand what is going on.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Hi JennyR

I can't remember what router or TP-Link extender that you have. The weak security message is covered by a sticky of mine at the top of this board, but here it is:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Weak-Securirty-warning-on-Apple-iOS-and-Windows-10-or... 

I assume that you have my guide from your threads before, if so, please can you PM me a set of screenshots from it to determine the problem?

Keith

0 Likes