cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

ORDI request

HappyFlump
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

I'm looking to upgrade to TalkTalk Full Fibre now that my village has been upgraded to FTTP. 

However, when searching availability on TalkTalk and OpenReach, all addresses that share my postcode are showing as Full Fibre being unavailable despite the infrastructure being in place, and searches using postcodes on adjacent streets that are connected to the same cabinet show as being available. 

Bizarrely, if I search for availability on the website of Quickline who were the company who worked with OpenReach to install Full Fibre in the village, FTTP is showing as available and can be obtained.

I believe the postcode has been missed from the OpenReach database so, after a frustrating time on online chat, I am looking to see if it would be possible please to have an ORDI request submitted after seeing similar requests within the community. 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Im sorry that you are leaving,

Thanks for your kind words. 

Message 2 of 17

No worries thanks for trying.

I guess I'm stuck with moving to Quickline if I want FTTP 😟

Before I go, can I just say how good this forum/community has been over the years in terms of both knowledge and support. Thanks for all your help over the years, and hopefully I'll be able to return at some point.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi HappyFlump

As suspected ORDI has returned no mismatches

Sorry

Message 4 of 17

Thank you! 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

No worries. I was hoping an ORDI request would be able to assist with rectifying the situation.

If not, I will be stuck in limbo as OpenReach won't entertain me as a member of the public when I point out that their information is incorrect. 😟

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

I understand but, until we can offer a package price via sales we wont be able to upgrade the service.

Message 8 of 17

Thank you for your help Arne.

I'm not sure what else can be done to update the database as fibre should be available. I have tried to sort this directly with OpenReach, but they stated any requests would need to come from my ISP.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

I'll request the ORDI, im not sure it will make a difference, our fibre checker says FTTP is not available yet, until that happens the sales team cant order it. 

Message 10 of 17

Thank you!

Message 11 of 17

I'll move this to the billing section, as ORDI requests are usually something @Arne-TalkTalk addresses,  @HappyFlump.

No staff on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 12 of 17

Hi Chris - could I please check whether you need any further information from me?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Chris,

Looking at the local village Facebook page it appears people have been signing up for FTTP since April/May, so around 2-3 months.

Thanks,

- Richard

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi HappyFlump,

Do know approximately how long ago FTTP was installed in your area?

Chris

Message 15 of 17

Thanks ferguson - have checked the profile details. 😎

There doesn't seem to be any exclusivity deal in place as the adjoining streets are signing up with differing ISPs. I was just hoping to do the same and stick with a large company that have been reasonably reliable rather than an unknown, but it appears our postcode has been missed off somewhere.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

It may not be as a bizarre as you think. If an altnet partnered with Openreach as part of the rural broadband initiative then they may have a period of exclusivity going forwards. If you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account they  can look into this for you.