cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Openreach ONT Alarm Light

Thecreator
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the below ONT box that was installed in my property by TalkTalk?

I have been having a few issues with the line since December, but yesterday I have noticed the alarm light is solid red. My connection is still active so it hasn’t dropped so really not sure what the alarm means.

I have asked the online chat who advised my line seems fine and closed the chat, which isn’t the reason I wanted to chat with them I just wanted to know is the red light something I need to worry about or hot so if someone could help that would be great 🙂 

Thanks 

e17d3608-6ec5-4b21-9b55-e90c017add44.jpeg
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

OK thanks the update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Michelle 

connection seems fine since the red alarm light has gone off, unfortunately latency still there. 

I do know the team are still on with that issue, just hope it’s sorted soon 🙂 

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hello,

Just checking back in to see how your connection has been and if there has been any improvement in the latency issue since the alarm light on the ONT has been resolved?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear this. Yes, the fault has now closed. Have you had a chance to test the latency yet to see if there has been any change?

Michelle

Message 5 of 15

Hi Michelle 

I left the box turned off all night, turned it back on this morning and did another factory reset and everything seems to be fine now.

It’s been a couple of hours and the alarm light is still off no problems, I did text an automated message from openreach to say the issue is fixed but could you just make sure the appointment has been removed? 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Morning,

We'll check back in with you later in the week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Softy
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 15

As far as I am aware this ONT is remotely controlled and software is automatically downloaded from the exchange (headend/ODF) which should also have the appropriate Adtran equipment.  It is possible that the problem is at the exchange end, particularly as you state you have had other problems.

I see you have factory reset the ONT but as a long shot I would suggest turning it off for at least 30 minutes and then see what happens.  All guess work but it might allow the headend to do a reset.  Does the Alarm LED go green or flash green shortly after switch on or does it go straight to red?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi softy

Thanks for the information really helpful! Don’t suppose you know how to get it out of failed status? I’ve tried factory reset a couple of times but that doesn’t work. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Softy
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Just for your information.  Openreach have been installing this ONT in many places for a while and it is made by Adtran (manufactured in USA rather than China).  I believe it is based on their SDX611 GPON ONT but specifically made for Openreach.
The Alarm LED has several meanings.
Off = No alarm detected.
Green = ONU software download complete and software upgrade in progress. LED will turn off once upgrade is successful.
Green Flashing = Software download in progress.
Red = New ONU software not operational due to any of the following reasons:
* Software image download failed.
* Software image flash write failed.
* Software image activation failed.
* Software image commit failed.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hello,

I've booked the engineer visit as requested for Friday 22/03 AM (8-1) Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 11 of 15

Hi Michelle 

Any chance next Friday 22nd is available? Someone will be in all day so doesn’t matter what time.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hello,

Ah yeah I remember. I think we should arrange an engineer to the property to check this as the light shouldn't be on. Would you be able to provide a few days availability AM and PM and we can book the engineer visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 13 of 15

Hi Michelle 

The box was installed late December along side the FTTC line, I did have another post in relation to 100% packet loss when online gaming that I’ve been experiencing since install which is still with the tech team as an on going issue. 

I have restarted the ONT and both eero routers & even pressed the factory reset button on the ONT and the light stays on. 

Could this be linked to the on going issue I’m experiencing if this isn’t the ONT you have on file?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hello,

Can I just ask when this ONT box was installed please? It looks a little different to the ONT in our help guides. I've checked the line test just to see if this has detected any issue and this looks ok. What issues have you been experiencing please? Have you also tried powering down the ONT to see if the light is still red when it comes back on?

Michelle

0 Likes