cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 cannot connect to external IP address

Bird91
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

My service went live today and I have tried to setup the eero 6 but it cannot connect to the internet. I have reset everything several times and have gone through live chat etc but the eero cannot find the external IP address 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

OK. I'll pass this over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hello, 

Plugged everything back in and still having the same issue 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Thanks for trying that. I think it may just be that everything has completed at our side yet. If we could give it an hour and if it's then still not working I'll ask our Future Fibre team to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

I have tried plugging straight from my ont into the laptop via ethernet and it is showing as an unidentified network with no internet 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hello Chris

I unplugged both the ONT and eero for the half hour and have rebooted them and am still getting the same issue 😕 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Thanks. I think the issue is that although the order has completed on Openreach systems it's not completed fully on ours. In the last few minutes the connection is showing on one of our systems, it wasn't a few minutes ago. Could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and try connecting the eero again. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

That is correct. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

OK, so the service was working yesterday with BT but you've had no service so far today?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

I didnt have one enter the premises, the broadband has been switched over from bt so I assume they only had to to the external connections to switch the line as ONT was already installed and working 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

OK thanks. Could I just ask, what did the installation engineer say?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Solid green on power and Lan flashing green PON and no light LOS 

The eero has flashing blue lights incase thats important 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Thanks for that. The order appears to be complete. Which lights are on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hello Chris,

Thank you for replying so quickly I have updated the information via the link as requested 🙂

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi Bird91,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk home telephone number or account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes