cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Poor/Intermittent WiFi signal/speed in conservatory

Tricky27
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

I have very recently cancelled my Sky TV package which has caused a problem with my TV situated in the conservatory. Whilst I had SKY Q I had a SKY Q mesh booster in the rear of the house and the TV worked fine without dropping out at all (on the SKY Q mesh WiFi).  Obviously I no longer have the Sky Q mesh and Im encountering problems with the TV in the rear conservatory - the furthest away from my TalkTalk router.

I can see that TalkTalk do have a booster available and my question is - do I have to pay for this and how much are they. Also, am I better looking elsewhere for a suitable booster? I am out of my contract  and looking to renew. I was holding on because City Fibre laid cables outside the house about 12 months ago and I was going to get one of the Full Fibre deals, however it seems I may be waiting for some time for City Fibre to switch the new system on!

Thanks for any help or advice. 

Frustrated Blackburn Fan
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Paul

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks 

Debbie

0 Likes

Tricky27
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Hi Debbie,

Yes thanks, the booster arrived in super quick time. I have connected it for a day and it appears to have done the job, the speed was fairly good and it wasn't dropping out. 

I have had to disconnect it temporarily as we are having some work done in the conservatory which is going to take around two to three weeks. I'll report further once I reconnect but it appears to have solved the issue.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards 

Frustrated Blackburn Fan

Message 3 of 16

Hi Paul

How are you getting on, have you received the WIFI booster?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Keith

I'm not sure which make and model it will be, I will check once it's arrived and connected up.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 16

Sorry @Debbie-TalkTalk I must have misread your post earlier, being in a bit of a hurry as we were going out. Is the 266 WiFi Booster available again?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Thanks for that.

Paul

Frustrated Blackburn Fan
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 16

Hi @Tricky27 

When you have tested the new router that @Debbie-TalkTalk has sent you, if you still want help, let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 10 of 16

Hi Paul

Thank you 🙂

Please allow 48-72hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Debbie,

Yes that would be great thanks. I'll report back once I've tested it out.

Thanks again

Paul

Frustrated Blackburn Fan

Message 12 of 16

Hi Paul

Ok, I can send this for you for testing to see how the connection compares, will this be ok?

Thanks again.

Message 13 of 16

Hi Debbie, thanks for replying. I have the Sagemcom 5364-3.T.8.

I'm getting good consistent speeds to most of the house, around 65-73 MBS, it's just the T.V. in the conservatory which is the issue. I think a booster/extender would do the trick.

Regards

Paul

Frustrated Blackburn Fan

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

@Tricky27 

Can I also check which router you have? (make and model)

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi Tricky27

I'm sorry to hear this.

Our Community Star @KeithFrench provides really good advice on improving wireless performance.

Could you help please Keith?

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others. 

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.