cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Router

RobChinn12
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi, Hoping someoe can advise me how best to get this resolved.

Apologies this is a little long, but I felt the level of detail was necessary, to properly explain the situation.

A month or so after our go-live with TalkTalk Full Fibre our router stopped working, TalkTalk diagnosed the issue as a faulty power supply.
They sent us a complete replacement Router package including another router, power supply and cables.
As Talktalk had provided a new router (as well as a replacement power supply) I decided to connect the new router as well, (but still used the original cables).
After connecting the new router and new power supply the new router powered on, but couldn’t get a Internet connection. I swapped it back to the original Router – (with new power supply), to test and everything worked. So it seemed the new Router was faulty.
I called TalkTalk and explained the issue – told them I had tested the new Router but it didn’t work, but as our original router now worked with the new power supply. I was happy to keep the original router and new power supply, and said I’d send the faulty items back.
Unfortunately, the Talktalk agent wanted to test the new (faulty) router, so I reconnected it up so he could test it remotely. The test confirmed the new router was faulty. I confirmed I would send the faulty kit back, assuming that would be the end of the story.
However last week I received an email from ‘Yodel’ advising they had delivered a package from Talktalk to us (apparently pushed through our letterbox). However we didn’t receive the package.
I followed up with Yodel who told me their driver had told them he delivered it to the correct address and consequently they told me we have to contact the sender – TalkTalk as there wasn’t anything more they could do.
My concerns now are that If I contact the TalkTalk help desk, they are potentially going to want to send me yet another router (as a replacement for second one we haven’t received).
We do not need another router as our original router works with the new power supply and I have already posted back the faulty kit from the first delivery.
However I’m also concerned that if Yodel have advised Talktalk they have delivered a second replacement router to us (which we didn’t receive), I don’t want to get charged by Talktalk for not returning kit we have not received.
Please advise the best way to bring this to a close. (without anymore kit being sent).

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi RobChinn12

What date was the first router received?

I have also sent you another Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your reply. I have replied to your private message.

The situation is pretty much as fellow customer Gliwmaeden2 sumarised it.

• The new Router sent in the first package was faulty. However when I connected the new power supply sent in the same package to our original Router everything worked. 
  • Consequently I sent the faulty new router and the original (faulty power supply) back in the returns envelope which came with the first router package.
  • As that resolved our problem, we weren't expectiong a second router to be despatched so it came as quite a surprise when we received the email from Yodel saying they had delivered a second one, and pushed it through out letterbox. Especially as we haven't received this second router, nore do we need one.
  • The concern is now that there could be a Router out there somewhere that Yodel didn't deliver to us which we obviously don't want to be charged for.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi RobChinn12

I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6

@Debbie-TalkTalk, the customer mentioned that they had already returned the faulty kit.

It's more the issue that there might be a router out there that is missing that Yodel claim to have delivered. Not something that this customer should be held responsible for, and the worry is they might be asked for that to be sent back one day in the future if they leave etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi RobChinn12

Did you receive a returns bag with the first router sent?

If you could just return the faulty router using the returns bag then you should not be charged for the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes