cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Still no option for VOIP on City Fibre

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Still no option to have VOIP on FTTP with City Fibre. This was discussed a long time ago and nothing has happened as far as I know, although I still do not understand why it is down to City Fibre to provide VOIP services, surely its the ISP.

I would like to port my number to a VOIP service and move to a faster FTTP service with TalkTalk, is this now possible.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Yes - you would have the same level of uncertainty with any company during this period of transition, @mrwrighty.

I am leaving it as long as possible myself, so that hopefully by then things will have settled down and all companies may have learnt from the teething trouble stage.

They are not expecting things to all be done by the end of 2025, so it's feasible to take out a new FTTC now and wait for them to offer an upgrade if the switchover to FTTP becomes imperative. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

“Sometimes” doesn’t really cut it though. its 100% certainty I need. I really cannot understand why it’s so difficult in this day and age to keep a number without thinking there may be a likelihood of losing it during a transfer.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

It can sometimes work if you move with the landline number to FTTC with a new provider and then upgrade from there. But you would need to check just as thoroughly with all providers, @mrwrighty.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

TalkTalk are not interested in making good their promise to me, quite clearly stated in the transcript above. My contract is up so seriously thinking of leaving. TalkTalk cannot guarantee 100% that I can port my number away if I change to FF150 or above without risk of losing it.

I'm in a catch 22 and do not trust what they tell me any longer as my currently billing is linked to my phone number, moving to FF150 would, I'm told, lead to me losing the phone number. I have elderly parents on both my wife and my side who all know our landline number so its critical it is maintained.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

That is beyond any help I can offer, sorry.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

How were we ever to know this would be a future issue and to decline the first offer,  I raised the issue when it was first offered and was told I could get VOIP but once installed was told otherwise and I had to stick with copper or lose my phone number. 

Screen grab of the chat I had with the agent prior to the upgrade back in 2022.

VOIP was offered.VOIP was offered.

Clearly stated in the transcript above that I would get a VOIP service on my new FTTP connection, been waiting ever since. Clearly a breach of trust and contract that I agreed to with TalkTalk but outside my 14 day cooling off period waiting for VOIP to be enabled. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Generally speaking, you can have Digital Voice with CityFibre, but only if you order it from the start. You cannot subsequently order it.

This would seem to be an issue if someone upgraded to Full Fibre before CityFibre could handle Digital Voice. I held back on the initial upgrade that I was offered & by the time the second wave of upgrades were offered CF did support DV, so I ordered it with DV at the same time & that is what I have had for a while now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes