cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Terrible upload speeds

callumh89
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 55

I have seen similar posts but no solutions.

i have fibre 500 but my upload speed is barely 1mbps 

the eero app itself is reporting 10mbps which is still far below what I’m paying for.

Ive tried chatting through support and trying all possibilities. turnjng off the ont for 30 mins. connecting directly to the ont with a computer and doing a speed test. 

its causing a lot of issues with remote access and working from home.

most of my devices are wired so its not a wifi issue and as I said connecting directly to the ont gives the same results so its not the eero router

is this common for openreach line?

and if so will TalkTalk change me to city fibre as they are installing in my building in the coming weeks

0 Likes
54 REPLIES 54

Message 41 of 55

Morning callum,

Just checking to see if our team have made contact with you since yesterday?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 42 of 55

Hello,

Great, thank you. I've raised this back to my colleague and will let you know as soon as they come back to me again. It's possible that they may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 43 of 55

I’ve added it there now 

0 Likes

Message 44 of 55

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I can't see this in your Community Profile. Could you add this to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile please.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 45 of 55

I have added it under customer ID.

i just want to mention my download speed is around 514mbps in all cases. It is only my upload speed that is causing issues.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 55

Hi,

Ok thanks for re-testing this again. Please can you add your Account Number to your Community profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 47 of 55

Hey. I have powered both off for 30+mins and here are the current results

wireless: 7.2mbps upload

wired: 8.2mbps upload

wired directly to the ONT: 8.7mbps upload 

the eero app is always higher it is currenty showing 22mbps upload. Sometimes it says 60mbps when I get 1.2mbps on a test on my wired device directly to the ONT

0 Likes

angus22
First Timer
Private Message
Message 48 of 55

I have ongoing t3 timeouts on my Spectrum COAX, own my own DOCIS 3.1 modem. Got tired of having to call in and have them roll out a tech for attenuator changes due to varying signal strength from pole (6 houses, constantly changing providers). Finally bought my own pack of varying attenuators, just swap out till things stabilize.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 55

Hi callum,

My colleague has come back to me to advise that they can see that the upload did drop but it looks like it has increased again. Could you try another speed test please (wireless and wired) and let us know if there is any change? If the speed is still the same then could you try powering down the ONT and router again. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 50 of 55

Hi again,

Thank you. I've raised this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back here as soon I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 51 of 55

Morning!

directly on the ONT this morning is showing 16mbps upload. I’m getting the same result on my network too.

download speed has no issues though 

0 Likes

Message 52 of 55

Morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which is clear. I can see from your first post that you've already tried powering down the router and the ONT for 30 minutes and also tested wired at the ONT. Would it be possible to run a few wired speed tests at the ONT please using the TalkTalk Speed Test as we can then raise this over to our Faults Team for further investigation.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 53 of 55

Hey, i couldnt see where to put it so have added my FTTP number as phone number

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 54 of 55

Hi Callum

Can you add your account number or FTTP number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes